Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
SLAM NOT GLAM!
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a really cool video that traces the slamming brutal death metal sub genre back to 1992.

And, here is another one, that has subtitles that explain it, that i thought was good as well.

This is my favorite genre of music,and i liked these video's a lot, very interesting. A lot of people, even those into DM don't seem to be very familiar with slam, so i thought some others might like these as well.

·
Registered
287 Posts
any video that talks about death metal in detail is a rare and good find in my books :metal:

interesting to see evolution of what people consider such an extreme genre. In my opinion what makes slam good is that it hasn't changed too much since it's birth... too many times when something "evolves" it loses this certain something in music

·
Turn wood into metal
30 Posts
Those are awesome. I found this one today about Floridas Death Metal scene. Thought it was pretty cool.

·
SLAM NOT GLAM!
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
any video that talks about death metal in detail is a rare and good find in my books :metal:

interesting to see evolution of what people consider such an extreme genre. In my opinion what makes slam good is that it hasn't changed too much since it's birth... too many times when something "evolves" it loses this certain something in music
I agree :yesway:

Those are awesome. I found this one today about Floridas Death Metal scene. Thought it was pretty cool.
Yeah, I like that one too :metal:

·
Registered
577 Posts
Definatly some cool new bands for me to check out since i'm only familliar with Devourment.

And you always remind me one way or another that i need to shift my ass in gear to start recording some stuff :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts