Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, shooting has begun, and no, I didn't typo the thread title, it will apparently be a 2-parter.

The cast looks promising, and there have been a couple teaser photos posted by Peter Jackson:

The Hobbit: Part 1 (2012) - IMDb

I personally haven't read the Lord of the Rings trilogy, but dug the movies. I have, however, read The Hobbit a few times, and love it, and can't wait to see it on the screen. I think Martin Freeman will be awesome as a younger Bilbo Baggins.

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Yep, lookin' pretty good. They got Ian McKellan back as Gandalf and Andy Serkis as Gollum and a few other key actors playing their roles in both pieces of work.

Interesting to see Peter Jackson insanely skinny again. :lol:

I'm looking forward to these. I hope they do as good a job on these as they did on LotR.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Holy shit! Peter Jackson lost half of himself!

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Aaron, I'm slightly surprised! I've read them five times, and the Hobbit either four or five times. I'd slide LotR into your reading queue, assuming you have one.:vince:

And yeah, The Hobbit was announced as a two-parter a while back, so I am glad to see it's still planned as such.

I need the Peter Jackson treatment. :(

·
Puddin
1,793 Posts
loved LOTR, not enough Tom Bombadil though.
Exactly what I came to say. I read all the LOTR trilogy, The Hobbit, The Silmarillion, and The Children of Húrin is somewhere on my list in the future. Tom Bombadil was, by far, my favorite character. That guy was totally stoned out of his mind at all times :lol:

Did anyone else find it amusing the Elves
were headed for the Hill of Tuna? I wonder if it's albacore or chunk light.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Bombadil would NOT have worked for the tone and theme they were going for in the LOTR movies. I don't miss him in the movies one bit.

·
El Kabong
5,037 Posts
If they split it into two movies, they might not have to skip too much. :yesway: I'm looking forward to seeing these.

·
Puddin
1,793 Posts
Bombadil would NOT have worked for the tone and theme they were going for in the LOTR movies. I don't miss him in the movies one bit.
Yeah, well, I don't think God fit the tone of Ben-Hur or the Chronicles of Narnia, but ya know...:squint:

:lol:

·
THUNDERBEEEEAR!
3,920 Posts
That passage is so long in the book, they could have made an entire movie about that alone. A musical! :rofl:

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
100% agree. And I've actually read the LotR series a total of 8 times (read it first when I was 7 years old) and the Hobbit about 5 times. Haven't read through the books since the movies came out though (well, I read through FotR after the movie came out, but not the other ones). And Tom Bombadil is one character I am DAMN glad they didn't put in the movies.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts