Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
This is straight up djent spam to the highest degree, but your last post was offering up King's X tickets so I'm going to give you a pass.

·
Bah. I still suck.
1,323 Posts
:nonono:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been off of the forum for a bit and back recently since i'm looking at new gear here and there to make some upgrades. This place is always great for feedback on gear.
Did I post this in the wrong section? and FYI, that Kings X show was awesome lol.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
I've been off of the forum for a bit and back recently since i'm looking at new gear here and there to make some upgrades. This place is always great for feedback on gear.
Did I post this in the wrong section? and FYI, that Kings X show was awesome lol.
Off of the forum for a bit? Dude, you have six posts. Did you sign up five years ago and get smacked for band spamming then, too? The general rule of thumb is to make an effort to become part of the community before proceeding to self-promotion.

And King's X is always awesome.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
And King's X is always awesome.
Yeah, this is pretty much the only reason this post didn't get you banned. :lol:

Also, please never refer to "dropping" an album again, unless it literally fell on the floor. And try not do do that, CDs occasionally do break. :lol:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is Garmonbozia a kind of legume found in health food stores? Like in an organic bean salad?
Our vocalist/Lyricist got the title from Twin Peaks. I've never watched the show but Garmonbozia is a type food that demonic being eats but has an actual meaning of "pain and sorrow". I took this from quote from the twin peaks wiki because it will describe Garmonbozia better.

"Loosely speaking, "garmonbozia" is a negative spiritual energy of pain and suffering, or perhaps created from pain and sorrow. The bad spirits who inhabit the Black Lodge, such as BOB, intentionally manipulate people in Twin Peaks into negative situations in which they will experience emotional pain and sorrow, in order to generate garmonbozia. This influence can be direct, such as when BOB possesses people's bodies to commit murders, but it also seems to be a pervasive indirect influence on the entire town, which may account for the eccentric or obsessive behavior of many of its inhabitants. Garmonbozia is negative energy, and has no real physical form: it only appears as creamed corn during visions of the Black Lodge because this is a form humans can comprehend. It takes the form of a food product because it is a food of sorts to the evil spirits"
Ref: Garmonbozia | Twin Peaks Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Having never watched Twin Peaks, I had no idea it involved demons. I just thought it was, like, a ski drama or something. Learn something new every day... :lol:

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Our vocalist/Lyricist got the title from Twin Peaks. I've never watched the show but Garmonbozia is a type food that demonic being eats but has an actual meaning of "pain and sorrow". I took this from quote from the twin peaks wiki because it will describe Garmonbozia better.

"Loosely speaking, "garmonbozia" is a negative spiritual energy of pain and suffering, or perhaps created from pain and sorrow. The bad spirits who inhabit the Black Lodge, such as BOB, intentionally manipulate people in Twin Peaks into negative situations in which they will experience emotional pain and sorrow, in order to generate garmonbozia. This influence can be direct, such as when BOB possesses people's bodies to commit murders, but it also seems to be a pervasive indirect influence on the entire town, which may account for the eccentric or obsessive behavior of many of its inhabitants. Garmonbozia is negative energy, and has no real physical form: it only appears as creamed corn during visions of the Black Lodge because this is a form humans can comprehend. It takes the form of a food product because it is a food of sorts to the evil spirits"
Ref: Garmonbozia | Twin Peaks Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia
That's actually pretty cool. I've never sat down and really watched the entire series (only semi watched episodes or had it playing as background shit), but I have a lot of friends who love it. Are your songs Twin Peaks themed?

The only other Twin Peaks metal song I know of is this. Scott Ian is a pretty huge fan.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts