Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Squirrel...
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
List em.

Lefty Ibanez RG1077xl. Only lefty made.

Sold it (along with that lefty 7420 or whatever) due to my increasing hate towards ibanez for not making any decent lefty models. :nuts:

Some old Godin guitar. Only one of two lefty versions i've every seen. The other one was owned by the guy I sold the 1077xl to.

The heel was way too thick for me, so it had to go. I bought it on sale from L&Q during a Canada day sale years ago. Got a sweet deal on it and sold it on ebay for about $400 profit. :yesway:

·
Thread Killer
6,491 Posts
Well the are all backwards so no wonder you sold em :nuts:

I actually wish I could have a few back. A olp with maple board I would like back and a Nice Brian Moore with the synth pup.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
When somebody finally buys my damn Telecaster, I'm going to wish I hadn't sold it. Because I played this gig with it :( and I won't have anymore single-coils.

·
18,790 Posts
I've only ever sold 2 guitars, my Shecter Revenger-7 and my Hellraiser C-7.

I kind of miss them both, and I kind of don't.

I sold the Revenger because I needed money for other gear, and since I had two 7-strings, and pretty much only ever played my Hellraiser, I sold it. At the time, I wasn't big on the basswood+Blaze sound, and I'm still not as far as my main guitars go, but I wouldn't mind having something that fits that description (probably an RG) again some day, just to get "that sound".

The Hellraiser was sold so I could buy my POD X3 since I didn't have a guitar amp (sold to fund bass gear when I was a full-time bassist) and wanted something small/portable as I was planning on structuring my life around touring. I sold the Hellraiser because, despite looking and feeling absolutely beautiful, I was never really happy with the EMGs. I'll probably end up buying a Blackjack some day, since I know the Schecter 7-strings are a perfect fit for me as far as feel goes, and I know I love the sound of them.

I'm pretty sure I mainly miss them because I don't currently have a 7-string :lol:

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
1996 RG550, bought it brand new too... I've been kicking myself for years now :rant:

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
It had a crack on the body both sides of the neck joint... Also the floyd rose was all rusted and what I bought was "promised" to fit in it, but it was a hair oversized. the trem bar mount would rub on the body... Still though, this guitar had been through a lot with me: My first real band and a road trip across the west US states.

My car broke down in Idaho, I took a bus to Salt Lake City, and had to sleep on top of the case in that pic in broad daylight in a city park downtown SLC...

Was sad to see it go but I really needed the money.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Soopahmahn said:
When somebody finally buys my damn Telecaster, I'm going to wish I hadn't sold it. Because I played this gig with it :( and I won't have anymore single-coils.

What tele?

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

My rgt42, sent it for a trade on an rg550, and got scammed for it :(

years ago on ss no less!!!

My brothers rg350, he lost it to pawn.

My carvin dc727, that I sold to budda who sold it to jj who sold it to coop who sold it to cormier, who's parting it out now, dirtypoopfuck :scream:

the others were good but not for me, so no regrets there

·
Registered
42 Posts

My rgt42, sent it for a trade on an rg550, and got scammed for it :(

years ago on ss no less!!!

My brothers rg350, he lost it to pawn.

My carvin dc727, that I sold to budda who sold it to jj who sold it to coop who sold it to cormier, who's parting it out now, dirtypoopfuck :scream:

the others were good but not for me, so no regrets there
pft the 727 works better with LFR, since thats what came on them standard. If you want it with the OFR still on it + a Duncan Distortion, gimme a msg and ill consider selling back -_- Did it have all the damage and shit when you sold it to budda too? its pretty crazy, but yeh Im moving away from 7 strings outside of my main Carvin 7, I think that might be all i need, and can pick up a Carvin AE185 and DC127.

I miss my fuckin Ibanez SZ520QM. I dunno why, spec wise I cant stand 22 frets, and that thick of a neck and stuff, but it just looked soo amazing + sounded so good.

·
I think too much
1,881 Posts
It looks like everyone's gathered in a futuristic church to worship the death star :eek:
Perhaps General Akabar's meeting to destroy the Death Star was more elaborate than we were led to believe. :spock:

Thanks for the trip down to geekdom. :lol:

·
Good news, Everyone!
1,528 Posts

Wasn't getting on with 22 frets back then, sold it. Kinda wish I still had it. Twas really pretty.

Played my first gig ever with this guitar. Learned to Solder pickups with this guitar. Waited through nearly a year of it being backordered to get it. Really wish I still had it.

Got a really good deal when I bought it, traded it for an awesome Carvin, but now, looking back, I kinda wish I still had it. It was in really good condition, though, which means I'd have been loathe to mod it too much.

·
Ibanez fanboi
205 Posts

Best playing guitar I had, ever. Got it for cheap too, $350AUD shipped but it was beat to shits and had bits and pieces missing.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts