Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since we have a thrash thread, I thought we should have an industrial one too. So, so all of you who like your music with weird noises in it, this is the place for you. Here's a few obvious and not so obvious one's to kick off, so get posting your faves.

(believe it or not, Deathstars used to be a black metal band called Dragonslayer)

Ok, maybe rather a lot :lol:

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
I believe my favourite band may qualify under this category with quite alot of their music.

I'll just post this one for now, as I'm at work :lol:

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fuck me Demoniac, you have been busy :lol: Some cool shit in there :yesway:

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I believe my favourite band may qualify under this category with quite alot of their music.
Yes they do

I'll just post this one for now, as I'm at work :lol:
So am I, but it's not stopping me. Well it is, but only because my brain's fried and I can't think of some the cool bands I want to post. Plus my craptastic work supplied wireless dongle keeps loosing 3G connection and dropping down to dial up speeds :(

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fuck it, I need some "fuck you, I'm better than you" music right now

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I friggin' love that song.
So do I. I used to play it back when I dj'd and it always got the floor moving, once people had heard it a couple of times. It's a double winner with a good headbanging riff, but still having a dirty groove for the ladies to write too :D

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
isnt there any newer industrial out there? seems like the hey day was late 90's

great thread by the way
I'd say it was at it's most popular in the mid to late 90's, but there's still plenty of bands going strong. Deathstars are probably the best I've heard in the last couple of years. I'll hunt down some newer stuff once my home net connection kicks in and I get rid of the mobile broadband gayness.

·
Resident Rivethead.
1,541 Posts
:bump: because I saw something to reply to :lol:

isnt there any newer industrial out there? seems like the hey day was late 90's

great thread by the way
There's an absolute asston of new industrial, it's just a matter of finding it. After the late 90s/early 2000s obsession with industrial tinged nu-metal and industrial 'dance' styled stuff (EBM if you like, but it's far too loose a term to describe the overall theme of those few years) everything moved to a more aggressive fusion of electronic music and harsher beats (Aggrotech - bands like Combichrist, Panzer AG, Dawn of Ashes, Psyclon Nine, Decoded Feedback etc...) and in the last few years there's been a massive surge in powernoise/noisecore/rhythmic noise/whateverthefuckyouwanttocallit. The old 90s Coldwave bands started making a bit of a comeback in 2007/2008 with the likes of Acumen Nation, Cyanotic and 16Volt and all touring like shit and releasing new material, but the two former of those haven't released anything since which is a shame.

There also seem to be a hell of a lot more crossovers these days, stuff like Mnemic, Sybreed, Crossbreed and to a lesser extent Arcturus are all really adding elements of industrial to the sound as opposed to the stock-standard Industrial template that's been recycled and somewhat revamped every decade since the 70s.

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,836 Posts
im really wanting more NIN type stuff. Obviously its so different not much sounds like it, but all i find is dance beat "industrial". I hate that sheet for the most part.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts