·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
That's pretty fucking cool actually.

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
My only gripe is the color and the sound hole design. Still a solid 8/10
The color is what I like the most. Very violin like. Looks great IMHO.

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
The headstock is what ruins it for me, put a normal flying V headstock or even a more traditional headstock and it'd look amazing, the one they used looks like it's off a cheap acoustic.
Yeah, same here. I could almost get onboard till I see that headstock, then it's off the rails...

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
That thing is moronic in the extreme lol. As a piece of art, a display piece maybe, I guess can see how it might appeal to someone who has no clue regarding jazz guitars, but not as an actual jazz instrument. If you need a hollow body with a floating pickup, and that is were you decide to drop your coins, I say pay the bit extra and get some baphomet inlays and pentagrams as well. :)

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
That thing is moronic in the extreme lol. As a piece of art, a display piece maybe, I guess can see how it might appeal to someone who has no clue regarding jazz guitars, but not as an actual jazz instrument. If you need a hollow body with a floating pickup, and that is were you decide to drop your coins, I say pay the bit extra and get some baphomet inlays and pentagrams as well. :)
I knew a guy back in college who played jazz (somewhat traditional stuff with zero influence from rock or pop) with an insanely metal-looking 1980s white Jackson King V. It was really jarring because it didn't sound anything like it looked and he didn't seem like the type to be using the image as a joke to confuse the audience. I think he said the reason he played a King V was because it was the best sounding and best playing guitar in the guitar shop when he was looking for a guitar (though that doesn't explain why he picked it up at all). :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.