Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Wish the camera caught the whole stage setup. That looks awesome.

Edit: LaRocque with a Dean, eh?

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,836 Posts
I really try to understand why you guys love him so much. I just cant get it. I'm not even being negative here. I'm being honest. It sounds like somebody in the shower singing a power metal parody. The music is fine, but i just dont get it.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
I really try to understand why you guys love him so much. I just cant get it. I'm not even being negative here. I'm being honest. It sounds like somebody in the shower singing a power metal parody. The music is fine, but i just dont get it.
I enjoy listening to King Diamond in the same way I enjoy listening to music with indecipherable gutturals. The music is out-fucking-standing and the vocals are mostly there for texture. Add to that, KD's lyrics are actually understandable and add to the mood of the song.

For the record, I don't personally take KD's "thing" completely serious... just kinda like Halloween rock or something but having fell for the schtick already, I'm excited whenever I see/hear new KD and couldn't imagine the vocals being done by anyone else.

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
I enjoy listening to King Diamond in the same way I enjoy listening to music with indecipherable gutturals. The music is out-fucking-standing and the vocals are mostly there for texture. Add to that, KD's lyrics are actually understandable and add to the mood of the song.

For the record, I don't personally take KD's "thing" completely serious... just kinda like Halloween rock or something but having fell for the schtick already, I'm excited whenever I see/hear new KD and couldn't imagine the vocals being done by anyone else.
+1

·
Registered
55 Posts
That's awesome, followed the King back in the days when Mercyful Fate did a gig at Veronica (Dutch Radiostations) in Jan. 1984 this was part of a series with, Bodine, Highway Chile, Raven and last but not least Mercyful Fate.

If someones interested in the registration of that concert i have digitalized copy of the Mercyful Fate concert please drop me a note, (41,1 MB) i suppose it's not illegal because it was broadcasted.

·
Lord Super Awesome
5,701 Posts

+2.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts