Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Big
272 Posts
Big fan here. Seen them three or four times as well. Their best, hands down, is Traveller, but Atavism is really, really good as well. Since then, it feels like they've been on a downward trajectory, but Hardworlder and Ape Uprising! (awesome title) both have their moments. Of their earlier stuff, there's something especially cool about the debut (which you'll never find, ha ha), but really, they have yet to put out a bad album. And if you haven't heard Hammers of Misfortune yet, you need to get on that, also.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, Traveler is the only one I've heard all the way through so far. But holy shit, I've listened to it like 3-4 times all the way through since yesterday, and i literally can not think of anything they could have done differently to make a better concept album.

·
Banned
1,582 Posts
Awesome band..I have Traveller, Down Among The Deadmen, Atavism, Hardworlder & Ape uprising..all great albums, but my faves would have to be Traveller & Atavism as well.

·
Good news, Everyone!
1,528 Posts
"Walls of Shame" does a great job using the riff from Rush's "Priests of the Temple of Syrinx", too. Probably why it's my favorite Slough Feg song.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.