1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Head of Agile Gestapo
5,675 Posts
^I definitely want to watch this later.

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
That History channel documentary was interesting, but also kind of annoying. They showed that 3D zoom into the trench like 20 times throughout the video and they kept saying the exact same info over and over again, as if we have really poor memories and attention spans. Also, there were some informational errors in there. While the Mariana Trench IS the lowest elevation in the Earth's crust and the lowest part of the ocean, it is NOT the closest part of the Earth to the core. It kind of surprised me that the History channel doesn't even know basic geology. The Earth is not a perfect sphere. The closest part of the seafloor to the center of the Earth is around the north pole.

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
It suprises me that Naren knows so much about Geology :yesway:
I'm a huge astronomy nerd and geology is basically just the parts that focus strictly on the planet Earth (although there is also planetary geology which is geology that focuses on other planets). But I tend to be pretty read-up, thanks partially to my family having a full set of the World Book Encyclopedia and when I was a kid, I would always just go downstairs and read through them, focusing on whatever seemed interesting. We got several other encylopedias later. I've always just liked to look up anything that I wondered about. :yesway:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.