Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Thread Killer
6,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a buncha of shit typed.. :mad:Browser refreshed. I'll fix it tomorrow. :lol:

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
I got all excited when I saw this thread.......then remembered I'm a Cubs fan..........shit. :(

·
Head of Agile Gestapo
5,675 Posts
Let's see what Prince Fielder can do with that shorter right field in Arlington. Hopefully Matt Harrison and Colby Lewis can get healthy nice and quick.

·
Habitual Linestepper
170 Posts
Let's see what Prince Fielder can do with that shorter right field in Arlington. Hopefully Matt Harrison and Colby Lewis can get healthy nice and quick.
Should be a good year. If those two come back strong, that will be a helluva rotation.

·
What are you looking at?
2,124 Posts
RIP Tony. He was one of the good guys in baseball. :(

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
Tony Gwynn, Don Mattingly, and Kirby Pucket were my favorite players in the 80's-90's. It is hard to lose a guy who was so great, and so...nice. What other word is there? Tony was a special guy; they always said he treated reporters the same, whether it was a talking head in full TV makeup from ESPN or a kid from a High School paper. You have to admire that, because it shows a great dignity in the man to give that respect. A class act all the way, and a loss for all of baseball.
Of those three, only Donnie Baseball is left now, and Kirby actually gave him that nickname. RIP Tony, Thanks for the memories

·
Read Only
7,880 Posts
I thought this whole farewell tour, let's spend a year on Jeter's nuts thing was silly and way over the top, and in general I think he's kind of overrated, but damn that was awesome.

Can't wait for some asshole baseball writer to accuse Meeks of grooving that pitch to him. :rofl:

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
I thought this whole farewell tour, let's spend a year on Jeter's nuts thing was silly and way over the top, and in general I think he's kind of overrated, but damn that was awesome.

Can't wait for some asshole baseball writer to accuse Meeks of grooving that pitch to him. :rofl:
I wouldn't be surprised if that's exactly what happened. It was the perfect setup for it: bottom of the ninth where a single wins the game, and the Orioles are playoff bound win or lose. If he did do it, hopefully he does the classy thing and keeps it to himself though lol

·
Read Only
7,880 Posts
Counterpoint: Meek has a 5.79 ERA this season so it's more likely he's just not very good. :lol:

But yeah it wouldn't surprise me. I just think it's hilarious that there are people who get really mad about that stuff.

·
Thread Killer
6,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Been such tremendous quality baseball in the 5 years since I originally made this thread. Hoping to see Red Sox vs Brewers for the WS.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts