Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
They are pretty terrible. The first 3 albums are only slightly listenable if you have no other alternative.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
I'm very open minded to CoB, including their new stuff, but this was pretty weak IMO. :(

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Teleca Q7; Brew 3.1.5; U; en) 240X400 LGE VX9700)

The first four albums rule, after Hate Crew they dont exist

·
Tune It Lower
1,114 Posts
:ugh: I like the In Flames style mix... but REALLY wish it was an In Flames song, not a C.O.B. one. :lol:

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
I started playing it but forgot it was playing by a little bit in then clicked back on this thread and thought oh yeah that was playing, I forgot.

·
ENGLErnieBallGraphTechBKP
306 Posts
yup everything after that is just boring boring boring
Wow glad it's not just me then. I've been thinking that for years, almost annoyed that they lost their awesome and replaced it with shite

·
ENGLErnieBallGraphTechBKP
306 Posts
Actually I take that back after playing the vid. For a newer Bodom song, it wasn't that bad. although clearly ripped a lot from In Flames there, probably due to the endless touring with them. Certainly pisses over anything off of Blooddrunk, which sucked donkey cock.

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I really like Something Wild when it came out, also Follow The Reaper. I then lost all interest in that band. Picked up "Hate Crew.." soem years ago when they sold it for 4,90 in a local store - it was quite entertaining, but only for a few spins, since then its collecting dust.

My girlfriend still likes them, so she bought "Are You Dead Yet" some time ago, i couldnt believe how terrible that was...and that new song seems to go in a similar direction, in terms of triviality.

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
It's hard to believe these are the same guitarists from Sinergy. The last Sinergy album was about a zillion times better than this.

Personally, the vocals in COB kill it for me. They'd be better off dragging in some random wino off the street to gargle into the mic.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Yeah I don't understand how some people get really obsessed with them. This is a band that is so close to being good, it almost hurts. They have tons of talent, but manage to just bore the shit out of you. They deserve to be slapped upside the head by a good producer, because they might actually become listenable.

Also, Alexi Laiho is moderately overrated. :lol:

·
is totally evil.
88 Posts
*done watching video*

... Well, I have to say that kind of put a dent in a good day. I mean, I've never liked CoB to be perfectly honest, and I could say that even more about Alexi Laiho, but still.

To the guy mentioning Are You Dead Yet, am I the only one who thinks that parts of that song are reminiscent of rap rock?

·
Puddin
1,793 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Stupid Motorola Backflip: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; MB300 Build/Blur_Version.0.13.37.MB300.ATT.en.US Flex/P014) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

beneharris said:
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Teleca Q7; Brew 3.1.5; U; en) 240X400 LGE VX9700)

The first four albums rule, after Hate Crew they dont exist
yup everything after that is just boring boring boring
+1

I try not to listen to anything else of theirs because I just get really disappointed. I wonder if they're burned out and can't admit it, or if they don't care anymore and can't admit it. Guess you could argue the new album is admission enough of both.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts