Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
You know what, i came in here to post "Jackson needs to stop releasing utter bullshit and get their standard models pricing and availability in order" and while that point may stand, that is actually cool...

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
$1900 for an Indonesian guitar? Nope.
Seriously.
That is nuts. You could buy a Petrucci used for that much. Good greathe.

I'm tired of these "lower end" guitars only being the rad looking ones. Though I know Jackson USA's are stupid expensive. Wish it could be different.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
That is nuts. You could buy a Petrucci used for that much. Good greathe.
Since this will inevitably be 1900€ over here, you could get a new MIA PRS CE for that price! People even consider MIJ Ibanezes for 1900 overpriced (I don't necessarily agree, but still), so this is pretty crazy. :nuts:

Cool looking guitar though.

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
That in a 1hum1knob would be slick.

As it stands, I'd far rather spend my cash on this one:

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I take it back, its pro series, it will be shit even though it looks cool like every classic looking Jackson under 2k
what's the beef with pro series? I've only tried them once or twice but they seemed decent. Price is silly but at least the Floyd is a normal original, instead of some weird cheap '1500' or whatever model

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
I take it back, its pro series, it will be shit even though it looks cool like every classic looking Jackson under 2k
what's the beef with pro series? I've only tried them once or twice but they seemed decent. Price is silly but at least the Floyd is a normal original, instead of some weird cheap '1500' or whatever model
Well the one I had looked cool as a lot of them do but they feel cheap and sound a bit dull I tried to convince myself otherwise as it looked cool but the reality was it was just a bit shit and every pro series I've tried have felt similar. I don't expect flawlessness from a £1000 guitar but I do expect it to feel and sound good. Really though when you take a step back and consider its £1000 you really xhould be getting something reasonably special.

Ormsby is a good example, their stuff is slightly more expensive but its outsourced and batch built albeit on a smaller scale, but feels solid and sounds great, is very resonant etc. That's what a jackson Pro series should feel like.

As it stands jackson have cool looking x and pro series with questionable build quality. Massively overpriced standard usa series which there is a lot of evidence of poor finishing of, especially around the headstock logo, and rare as fuck 3k minimum cool looking usa customs. Once you get to that price point you are just paying for exclusivity which is musically worthless.

In short I find their product line and pricing structure absolutely fucked

Also I say all of this as someone who actually wants to own a jackson because I like the asthetic but based on the above there is nothing im taking a chance on.

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
My positive experiences with the X series outweigh the positives with the pro too, unfortunately.

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
Since this will inevitably be 1900€ over here, you could get a new MIA PRS CE for that price! People even consider MIJ Ibanezes for 1900 overpriced (I don't necessarily agree, but still), so this is pretty crazy. :nuts:

Cool looking guitar though.
Exactly. There are very few guitars I would buy brand new these days. I stay in the used market and stay rather satisfied.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.