Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4B1 Safari/419.3)

All linkin park sucks..

·
Read Only
2,581 Posts
ya they had a remix contest and as soon as i put it together the stems into a song, i decided "they arent what they used to be" and closed my computer.

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
I always hated Linkin Park, but this is a whole new level of suck. Doesn't even sound like the same band.

·
CATFISH
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^ :agreed: Whiney or not, your thing or not, they had some amazing guitar tone up until Meteora.

I heard the last song and hated it, but that's fine. I heard this and felt offended by it though... Just fucking awful :(
I really enjoyed the really old stuff, and yes the guitar tone was amazing.

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
At first I figured this might just be their obligatory 'maturing' album where it gets oddly prog, but that dancy shite has me thinking they're just aiming at another fad.

A shame, they had their good moments back in the day. Not the most imaginitive band but fun.

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
What was that? Can they still call themselves Linkin Park? That doesn't sound ANYTHING like them.

Their first album, Hybrid Theory, was decent. Meteora had a few decent songs on it, but was mainly just straight up suck. And every album after that has been horrible. But I don't see how they can still call themselves "Linkin Park" with this music now. :ugh:

Linkin Park, in general, is horrible... but that was just... gah...

·
Resident Rivethead.
1,541 Posts
Is this some sort of surprise to you? It's Linkin Park, it should just be expected to suck.
:shrug: I really rather liked a lot of the numetal movement. Granted, it was filled with rather more than it's fair share of unoriginal tripe, but the tones and feel of the music I really liked.

At first I figured this might just be their obligatory 'maturing' album where it gets oddly prog, but that dancy shite has me thinking they're just aiming at another fad.

A shame, they had their good moments back in the day. Not the most imaginitive band but fun.
:agreed: The older stuff really was pretty cool, even to just have on in the background. And I really did love their tone :eek:

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
AUTOTUNE, MR SHINODA?

I liked Hybrid Theory: that album was the soundtrack to my summer going into high school, and brings back great memories. My best friend and I were so impressed that we jumped on reanimator.. to find out that it was remixes. I had already downloaded hybrid theory material when the band was actually called hybrid theory, and they even snuck a couple "original versions" onto there IIRC. Bottom line, we didn't like it much. More of my friends liked the band when Meteora dropped, and for me I was like "well Faint is good.. bout it..". I have one slower song off their last album, and it's a solid song but very much not LP.

Last I checked, Chester's solo thing didn't suck so much (but I can't listen right now)

Dead By Sunrise on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
AUTOTUNE, MR SHINODA?

I liked Hybrid Theory: that album was the soundtrack to my summer going into high school, and brings back great memories. My best friend and I were so impressed that we jumped on reanimator.. to find out that it was remixes. I had already downloaded hybrid theory material when the band was actually called hybrid theory, and they even snuck a couple "original versions" onto there IIRC. Bottom line, we didn't like it much. More of my friends liked the band when Meteora dropped, and for me I was like "well Faint is good.. bout it..". I have one slower song off their last album, and it's a solid song but very much not LP.

Last I checked, Chester's solo thing didn't suck so much (but I can't listen right now)

Dead By Sunrise on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
I really enjoyed the really old stuff, and yes the guitar tone was amazing.
It's been a long time since I spun Hybrid Theory, but I don't recall the guitars being particularly outstanding sounding...

If this is the song I heard on the radio the other night (and I think it is, the name rings a bell but I can't watch from here), then I'll simply say that I don't know if I've ever wanted a song by a band I generally can tolerate to hurry up and end quite so badly before.

It was horrid, and I found myself relieved that it was at least bad enough that after a couple weeks it'd be off the radio, because NO ONE could possibly like it.

·
Head of Agile Gestapo
5,675 Posts
Not really feeling this new song.

I liked the 1st 2 albums. :shrug:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts