Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday a guy at my workpractice told me about this new fancy bridge...
"I hate floyd roses, but this one stays in tune"

I was of course excited to go home and read up on it, but found out it's basically a bridge with a builtin arming adjuster.
That's definitely a cool idea, but for the money, I would rather get a arming adjuster or stabilizer of some sort.
The only real advantage over lets say a ESP Arming Adjuster would be that you wont have to drill anything into the guitar, you can return it to stock if you want.
Flutters are a probably no-no with these bridges, and you will not have that smooth feel of a real floating bridge.

What you think?

I'll pass on these, but the idea isn't bad.

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
They're not new, it's been around for a while now. The stabilizers are cool if you're into that, but I would imagine you're correct on them killing flutters.

Crooks has one of the blocks they make with the built-in block bolt for dive-only, but I don't think he's installed it on anything yet.

·
I MG.org salute you.
2,501 Posts
^Yep. Had a similar spring action "stabilizer" installed on my stock 1985 Kramer Pacer Deluxe way back when. I pulled it out because I didn't like the "clunk" you would feel transitioning from a dive to a pull up. Also, as you mentioned, flutters were a no-go with it installed. These might be a more refined version but at the very least it is evolutionary, not revolutionary.

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
^Yep. Had a similar spring action "stabilizer" installed on my stock 1985 Kramer Pacer Deluxe way back when. I pulled it out because I didn't like the "clunk" you would feel transitioning from a dive to a pull up. Also, as you mentioned, flutters were a no-go with it installed. These might be a more refined version but at the very least it is evolutionary, not revolutionary.

Wow, that's one of the 3 or 4 of those I've actually seen. They're rare as hell.

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
They are supposed to be made of good materials and you can have them without the stops in different configs. The fine tuners are low profile and have way more range and can be used on headless guitars...its more than fancy stoppers....but it is kinda ugly to me.

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
That old ESP Synclair bridge has a screw you can adjust to make it dive only. Issue is that it has a spring which vibrates so it's terrible.

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
I really, really wish they made the stopblock with the global tuner thumbwheel. That would be kind of the ultimate for D-Tuna users.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
I really, really wish they made the stopblock with the global tuner thumbwheel. That would be kind of the ultimate for D-Tuna users.
The thumbwheel on the FRX I put on my LP Studio is really, really awesome for that. I'm starting to like that bridge better than a traditional OFR.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
The thumbwheel on the FRX I put on my LP Studio is really, really awesome for that. I'm starting to like that bridge better than a traditional OFR.
....aside from it being the most god-awful looking thing I've ever seen, you mean. :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts