Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Lord Super Awesome
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As much as we discuss :kd: around here, it's high time for a dedicated thread.

The 2 undisputed classics....

And this is the current track stuck in my head

Thread automatically stickied out of sheer awesomeness. DO NOT FAIL ME. :kd:

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
First Merciful Fate/King Diamond song I ever heard

Edit : This one has better audio since it's not live, vocals in that one are low in the mix

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
in before 7SoH comments on how he doesn't like it:

\m/

Mercyful Fate is the supreme KD project. I wish the King would realize this. His concept albums get kind of tedious after a while. Sure, the Andy LaRoque solos are better, but EVERYTHING else in MF is better -- The riffs, the bass, the drums, the atmosphere, the Satan, etc.

·
Banned
1,582 Posts
I marginally prefer King Diamond (The band) to MF...maybe it's because Andy Larocque is a god amongst men \m/

Having said that ...I've yet to hear a boring King Diamond or Mercyful Fate album...

& I'm pretty sure I never will ;)

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
:kd:
:metal:

I know one dude had the entire "In The Shadows" album up in HQ (hence where I got TBW video) but that one is supreme

·
Cthulhu Contractor
113 Posts
King Diamond/ Mercyful Fate rules. Seriously, these are the only "regular metal" bands I still listening to on the daily basis

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

It will always be about MF for me, since Don't Break the Oath is the best thing King has ever been involved with. Easily one of the top ten metal albums of all time.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

It will always be about MF for me, since Don't Break the Oath is the best thing King has ever been involved with. Easily one of the top ten metal albums of all time.
:agreed: x1000

1 - 20 of 34 Posts