Leon: wildealien
Crucified: crux138
Josh: temjinstrife
Tom: TomAwesome
Chris: LoveBuns
Steve: rudisturbed
Tim (AcidWing): AcidWing

Minecraft

This is probably the best $13 I've spent on gaming since I scored a used copy of ME1 for $13 a few years ago.

After Penny Arcade ran a few strips on it, I checked out some youtube vids, and decided I had to buy it.

Now I just need to be careful, because I spend like 5 hours hunting zombies, expanding my underground/aboveground housing/cave network, and exploring the gigantic world each time I play. Thus, I need to make sure I have all my homework done first :lol:

If anyone digs it (and knows more about this sort of thing than I do) we should totally set up an MG.org multiplayer server.

Works on PC, Mac, some Linux, and even runs in a browser window if you want!

Here's how to play:

More vids on his channel.

EDIT: Buzz has set up a server. Here's what he says:
Alright, I now have a server set up.

Some things to note before logging in:

1. In my local test, it took me a couple of tries to log-in. If it says it took too long to log in, try again. Let me know if you're having problems and I'll see if I can do anything to fix it.

2. You are unable to mine/place blocks immediately where you spawn. I assume this is a feature to protect people just popping into the game. Just walk a little bit in any direction and you should be able to place and destroy blocks.

3. Hit T to chat, if you haven't already discovered that bit

4. I didn't see any monsters in the brief time I tested it. I dunno if it was because I was close to the beginning area or if it was stuck in Peaceful mode. I'll have to look into that.

Anyways, the IP address for the server is:
SEE ABOVE

Oh, and this should go without saying, nor do I expect any problems from you guys since you're all awesome, but don't be a dick. :wub:

·
Registered
560 Posts
I've been playing this for a while now because of Reddit. This game is crack. LEGOs for adults, but better.

I am trying not to drop out of college, so playing this game is risky. That's how good it is.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Damn, this looks addictive as hell. :lol: I'm fighting the urge to go buy it.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
It's not lupus.
1,689 Posts
I just lost two and a half hours of my life attempting to recreate the mines of Moria. :yesway:

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
I just started playing.... I saw one of my co-workers playing this on Friday, and scoffed at it, but then I watched those videos...

I actually hope they don't fix the graphics, has a real nostalgic feel to it like this.

In summation, fuck you Josh. I'm probably going to waste a lot of time on this shit :lol:

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Shadow: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Droid Build/FRG22D) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

No droid port, but I found an app that gives you all the recipies to build things and the time so you know when its going to be night etc. :yesway:

1 - 20 of 2937 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.