Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

New pickup day (Mo'Joe, PAF Joe), new tuners day (Sperzels), new bridge day (Gotoh GTC101), and new knobs. Got rid of most of the cosmo black bullshit, and went straight black. I'm digging it, and it sounds much, much better than it did with the fucking Evo in there. No more MIDI shit or piezo either; just straight electric guitar.

Hard to believe this guitar is 16 years old now!

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Honestly, I don't favor them quite as much as I used to either, but it still is a fun guitar to play for modest amounts of time.
Yeah, I'm kind of in the same boat. The wizard is just too thin for me... And yet, I have two RGs with Wizards, a 3120TW and a 550RFR, that are just a blast to pick up and shred on for a bit. The latter I look at as kind of a "trick guitar" so the super skinny neck sort of fits there, I guess. Wouldn't want to play it all the time, but it's fun for short periods.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I'm kind of in the same boat. The wizard is just too thin for me... And yet, I have two RGs with Wizards, a 3120TW and a 550RFR, that are just a blast to pick up and shred on for a bit. The latter I look at as kind of a "trick guitar" so the super skinny neck sort of fits there, I guess. Wouldn't want to play it all the time, but it's fun for short periods.
Yeah for short amounts of time I'm fine with it, and there's just no way I'd ever part with it; it's the first guitar my wife ever bought me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.