Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh man, now I remember why I stopped playing this game about a dozen times. Frustrating as fuck controls, super-repetitive combat, and the fact that 9/10 encounters leave you either thrown off of a rooftop or surrounded by 30 guards... I really don't think I'll be able to finish this. :lol:

AC2 and Brotherhood are such monstrous improvements over this, it's amazing that they came from this game.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I played AC2 first, and then AC1, and it completely changed the way I approach AC2 and Brotherhood :lol: I'm amazed I completed it too. Not 100% completed, mind you, but finished the story :lol:
There is no fucking way I'll 100% this game. :lol: I'm only on Memory Block 4 right now, and it's taken me almost 45 minutes just to do one district worth of viewpoints in Jerusalem. Every single thing I do ends up with me having to fight 12 fuckin' guards at once.

And the combat, of course, is deflectdeflectdeflectdeflect (wait wait wait) counter, hope you kill the guy, damn, I just punched him instead, deflect some more, wait some more, counter some more, repeat x31894723.

You can't explore, you can't run around, basically if you do anything other than slow-walk and blend, you have to fight, and then fight, and then fight some more.

·
18,790 Posts
There is no fucking way I'll 100% this game. :lol: I'm only on Memory Block 4 right now, and it's taken me almost 45 minutes just to do one district worth of viewpoints in Jerusalem. Every single thing I do ends up with me having to fight 12 fuckin' guards at once.

And the combat, of course, is deflectdeflectdeflectdeflect (wait wait wait) counter, hope you kill the guy, damn, I just punched him instead, deflect some more, wait some more, counter some more, repeat x31894723.

You can't explore, you can't run around, basically if you do anything other than slow-walk and blend, you have to fight, and then fight, and then fight some more.
That about sums it up :rofl:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, that's it for this attempt. :lol: I have an assassination mission where I need to kill two people without being exposed. Both of the are guards, surrounded by dozens of other guards, that see me from a mile away.

Screw this. :lol: I'm 100% on both of the sequels, but I can't take AC1 for more than half an hour at a time without shelving it for months.

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
There is no fucking way I'll 100% this game..
You don't want to collect 6500 flags in the countryside? WHY NOT?!

BTW I loved AC1 when it came out and I've completed it twice. It clearly is the bridge between Prince of Persia and the epic new AC 2 and Brotherhood games, but it's not as complete a game as those new ones.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:lol: Well, if it wasn't for the fact that every flag I collect means that I have to kill 47 guards, I'd actually have no problem getting them all. I did them all in AC2 and ACB, and though it took a couple of days (hour or two here and there), it was never tedious because it was fun to zip around the cities and stuff.

This one, not so much. :lol:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I never had that many problems with AC1. At all. It was repetitive, sure; but I beat it.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It probably wouldn't be so bad if I didn't just put down (Temporarily, MP ftw) ACB. This whole game just feels so clunky and dated now. I'd kill for an anonymity cloak of some kind. :mad:

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Part of me is SUPER tempted to replay AC1 since my new 360 is missing all the achievements from the last time I played it; plus, I could potentially 1000/1000 it this time without collecting SOME of the flags and going "OK, well if I use a guide I'm gonna waste time since I've collected 'x' amount in such-and-such place"

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok, perfect example.

I just did the assassination mission, kill two dudes, don't get detected. So I slow-walk around, and take them both out with throwing knives, no problem. On my way back to the mission guy, one of the shirtless guys walks up and pushes me. Then I go red, the guards attack me, and I have to start over. :mad:

·
18,790 Posts
Ok, perfect example.

I just did the assassination mission, kill two dudes, don't get detected. So I slow-walk around, and take them both out with throwing knives, no problem. On my way back to the mission guy, one of the shirtless guys walks up and pushes me. Then I go red, the guards attack me, and I have to start over. :mad:
Yeah, the worst ones are the kill 5 guards, spread out, in 3 minutes, without being detected. :nuts: There were a few that I spent a good hour at least just repeatedly attempting :lol:

Conversely, my buddy just sent me a message explaining how, in Brotherhood, he had to kill all targets within 15 seconds, so he pimped over, called in an arrow storm, and sauntered out :lol:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, the worst ones are the kill 5 guards, spread out, in 3 minutes, without being detected. :nuts: There were a few that I spent a good hour at least just repeatedly attempting :lol:

Conversely, my buddy just sent me a message explaining how, in Brotherhood, he had to kill all targets within 15 seconds, so he pimped over, called in an arrow storm, and sauntered out :lol:
Brotherhood's combat is awesome. You feel like an assassin. Once you get the hang of stringing shit together, you can lay rape down like a motherfucker, which is what it should be like.

The worst part about this one is the seemingly infinite supply of guards. In AC2/B if I get stuck and have to kill the shit out of a stack of people, the area is clear for a bit. In this one, they seem to just keep fucking coming, and if I run away, guards 12 blocks over are already standing in my way to tackle and stun me, which is even more annoying because then I have to stand there trying to counter-kill superguards for 10 minutes that deflect every normal attack. :mad:

·
18,790 Posts
Brotherhood's combat is awesome. You feel like an assassin. Once you get the hang of stringing shit together, you can lay rape down like a motherfucker, which is what it should be like.

The worst part about this one is the seemingly infinite supply of guards. In AC2/B if I get stuck and have to kill the shit out of a stack of people, the area is clear for a bit. In this one, they seem to just keep fucking coming, and if I run away, guards 12 blocks over are already standing in my way to tackle and stun me, which is even more annoying because then I have to stand there trying to counter-kill superguards for 10 minutes that deflect every normal attack. :mad:
Yeah, I think twice in the entire game did I manage to lose the guards by just running as far and fast as I could, and then I was on the other fucking side of town :lol: It's hard enough to find a hiding place without them seeing you hide, much less just running like hell :lol:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah, I think twice in the entire game did I manage to lose the guards by just running as far and fast as I could, and then I was on the other fucking side of town :lol: It's hard enough to find a hiding place without them seeing you hide, much less just running like hell :lol:
This. It wouldn't be so bad if the combat system was setup to fight multiple people in open combat, the way the sequels are.

Edit: Can you get an anonymity cloak/garmet in this one? I'd do the flags, since I like the platforming, if it wasn't for the constant stream of annoying guards everywhere.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
More bitching, though I'm still playing... :lol:

So I do the mission, and I stand in this big area full of guards, sneak in with some monks, and I'm all set to sneaky-style assasinate my target.

As soon as the cutscene ends, I'm not in blend mode for .00001 seconds, and I fight like 15 guards and manage to fling a knife at my target, kill him, do the cutscene, and now I have to kill all of the guards. :lol:

WRU EZIO

·
18,790 Posts
This. It wouldn't be so bad if the combat system was setup to fight multiple people in open combat, the way the sequels are.
Yeah, the first one you feel overwhelmed easily, where it's just a gang of guards beating on you, in 2 and Brotherhood you feel like a badass, singlehandedly slaying a crowd of guards.

Hell, I pick fights with guards when I get bored :lol:

Also, in AC2 and Brotherhood:

Group of four guards standing around
+
Smoke bomb
+
A few choice poisonings
=
Moshpit :lol:

It's especially fun to pick armed guards, because they'll swing their weapon around randomly. Then throw change, and watch peasants run in to get mangled :lol:

(seriously, poisoned people look like they're hardcore dancing in those games :lol: )

1 - 20 of 73 Posts