Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Dr. Mrs. The Monarch
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pre-ordered the new Versailles DVD, it arrived yesterday and I found a little surprise in the parcel. I'm going to have it framed! :D

·
Read Only
1,374 Posts
How I expect this thread to go:

MG: All weird shit comes from Japan
*Enter Naren*

*But seriously, congrats! It's always nice to get extra stuff from bands you dig.

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Vid was cool.

I...don't really get the image thing though, other than passing it off as Japan. Guys dressed as female anime is a pretty popular look I guess.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Wow, I've never heard of these guys but I'm glad I have now, thanks for sharing. Very cool! Reminds me of Castlevania, which is always a good thing. \m/

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Looking at the poster in the OP, I really thought this was an all-chick band and was excited.

Then the singer opened up and I went all :ugh:

Then the guitars whooped and I went all :shrug: :metal:

True story.

·
Dr. Mrs. The Monarch
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I know it's all pomp and cheese but I freakin' LOVE Versailles :D

Glad you guys like them, because I think they are incredible music wise, even if you don't dig the image. ;)

Have some more:

:metal:

·
Dead & likes Rendang
3,170 Posts
Looking at the poster in the OP, I really thought this was an all-chick band and was excited.
This was also said by everybody who bought this album when it came out:

I really should listen to Versailles more (now considering they've broken up) and Hizaki's solo projects. He's is a monster player.

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
Vid was cool.

I...don't really get the image thing though, other than passing it off as Japan. Guys dressed as female anime is a pretty popular look I guess.
There's an entire movement based upon it, Visual Kei. It's been going for years and years, with each band coming out being even more extreme image wise than the last.

I love a lot of the bands involved in it. Versailles, Malice Mizer, Moi Dix Mois, X Japan etc, all wonderful music with a theatrical approach to stage wear.

·
Dr. Mrs. The Monarch
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I love a lot of the bands involved in it. Versailles, Malice Mizer, Moi Dix Mois, X Japan etc, all wonderful music with a theatrical approach to stage wear.
Loved Malice Mizer, but strangely never got into Moi Dix Mois

I love D, Deluhi, Matenrou Opera etc :D

:metal:

·
Dr. Mrs. The Monarch
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Matenrou are awesome, I love the fact the keyboard player uses a Keytar sometimes, trying to convince my girlfriend to get one, trying to sell her on the idea by using Alestorm as an example. :p

How do you feel about The Gazette?

·
Imp Slap
2,033 Posts

Then the singer opened up and I went all :ugh:

Then the guitars whooped and I went all :shrug: :metal:

True story.
I still thought the lead guitar player was a girl until I saw the man hands :lol:

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
There's an entire movement based upon it, Visual Kei. It's been going for years and years, with each band coming out being even more extreme image wise than the last.

The music is pretty fantastic so :metal::metal:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts