Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Imp Slap
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone seen The Raid? I just watched it a month ago or so and it blew me away. The Raid 2 is finally starting to get released on DVD. I just started it tonight, and it's one of the best action/martial arts movies I've seen. Basically the original Raid but more of everything, including plot. I'm about an hour in and should get to sleep soon, so I'll be finishing it tomorrow.

They're Indonesian martial arts movies, but they feel more like action movies than something like kung fu. The first one is just the main guy killing everyone, and the second one seems to be a lot more plot-based, but the fights are unreal.

TL;DR: Watch The Raid. Then watch The Raid 2.

The Raid: Redemption (2011) - IMDb

The Raid 2 (2014) - IMDb

Edit: Finished it today. The special effects are great in this one, but it's a wee but heavy on the plot and dialogue. :lol: Still, definitely worth watching. The last fight scene is great.

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
I just watched The Raid (Redemption), and it is indeed awesome. Will watch The Raid 2 soon.

·
I have angered the Noodles
2,662 Posts
The Raid 2 is so ridiculously awesome. That and John Wick have probably gotta be the best two action movies since the Matrix. If you can deal with watching with subtitles for the whole movie, it doesn't get much better than the Raid movies. :yesway:

·
Read Only
7,880 Posts
Yes! The Raid is so fucking awesome. Best martial arts movie I've seen in ages. The fights are just unbelievably brutal. I love how they have that one older cop who's clearly not as agile and limber as the other dudes, so instead of having him awkwardly try to do all the super acrobatic, fast choreography, he just trucks people over and slams them into furniture. :lol:

I've been meaning to watch the Raid 2 forever, but I've been waiting until I can together with my buddy who came with me to see the first one, so I haven't gotten around to it yet. From what I've heard it's similarly killer though.

·
Imp Slap
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is. There's a lot more plot, which is good and bad, and the same amount of fighting. The fights are a little more brutal IMHO and they're shot cleaner. The last fight is insane.

·
I have angered the Noodles
2,662 Posts
Wirelessly posted

Phil said:
It is. There's a lot more plot, which is good and bad, and the same amount of fighting. The fights are a little more brutal IMHO and they're shot cleaner. The last fight is insane.
Yes the last fight us fucking tits. Stop whatever you're doing and go watch this movie. It's incredible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts