Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ive had dreams for this guitar for a while, and its been sitting like a sack of shit, so its fix it time. Its an RG350 from 01 with a cosmo lo pro and jap hardware. Time to clean up the routes, scallop the board, reprofile the neck, and make it slay again :jj:

the goal is to scallop everything above the green line

Ive already got all the full scallops done, now its time for the shitty hard part lol

I also swapped the Lo Pro arm assembly for an OFR assembly, as the one in the OFR got fucked up by my moms swamp cooler :squint:

·
I think too much
1,877 Posts
I've never seen partial scalloped frets before. Should be interesting. Definitely pics of when it's done. :yesway:

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
search ormsby or stephen forte lag scallop on SS.org and you can find some cool examples

uploading pics now

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Youd think that, but its been that way since i was like 14, stress related. its slowly coming back in actually :rofl:

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
Really? Thats quite interesting. I have a really high hairline but I don't think its receding, its more like its equalised there and won't move now.

Scallops like this?

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thats what i wanna do to the dean :agreed:

Mine finished balding when i started highschool :lol:

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
thats what i wanna do to the dean :agreed:

Mine finished balding when i started highschool :lol:
The Deans neck isnt bound is it? Should be easier going.

I only noticed my hair doing that when I was about 15/16. Got used to it now. Genetically speaking I think I should keep my hair into old age though. :)

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Im more than halfway through the Fretboard and theyre still going strong :agreed:
01 was a good year for RG350s lol, ive had 2, and my bro had 1, all 01's and they rocked WAWAAY harder than 350s usually do lol

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Im trying to get vid capture from my Webcam. any good free progs? i wanna show stitchy here how it works

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the dean is unbound, which will be easier

FWIW, the binding is the hard part, as it doesnt look good with a sharp edge with the scallop, so im having to roll round binding :nuts:

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Same here on the hair stitch. it just sorta all hapened the beginning of freshman year when my dad went in for heart surgery, and it was constant stress since then. as of february when shit cheered up, its been slowly coming in. Fucking wierd :lol:

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
shawn come slap your hoe :lol:

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Do it, its not hard. the trick is to make a bit of a groove, maybe 2/3 of the total depth, then start with the tip of the file across the board, and push it towards the handle, while spinning it, and going towards the opposit edge. so if i have it spinning so it would roll towards the heel side of the fret, i would push towards the nut side

1 - 20 of 31 Posts