Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to gut the entire fucking thing :lol:

Fuck yo SEATS

its an 83 GSL, and the motor is in pretty solid shape, although i might rebuild it soon, just for piece of mind. Doesnt seem to need it at all though, but its got a LOT of original miles (read close to 200k :lol:)

Its been hanging at the mechanics yard waiting for a free carb rebuild, but he was taking his sweet ass time with it, so i just brought it home, and hes bringin the rebuilt carb over sunday to plop it in.

Im havin a blast trying to find replacement interior shit, but the girlfriend really doesnt seem to want to drive it after the long wait, so i may just gut it and leave it for my own, i dont mind the noise. Were grabbing an accord or something like that for her anyways.

shell is ALMOST rust free, and none of it is bad enough to be an issue yet, so i can take care of it now.
bumpers are nasty though, and the front plastic one is a bit rotten, so im trying to find a slightly more modern body kit that doesnt look all super riced out, but all the less expensive ones are like 2 fast 2 fuckingdumb :/

THE PROJECT BEGINS THOUGH NOW :scream:

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

You mean the tires are rotten to shit?
It's getting new tires and brakes soon :lol:

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Yes, yes I do. I anticipate that in 5 years or so, the motor is gonna be in a Baja bug or something :lol:

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)

DslDwg said:
Nothing a 20B with a big single won't cure:yesway:
I don't think the ass end of this could take that. AT ALL :lol:

I wanna slap a 20b or at least a renesis in an old 911 shell though someday.
Bucket list, that idea

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
I had an 84 GSL, dunno if I posted a pic before, but I got this thing with no engine for $300, it was mint except that ding on the front panel above the bumper. Interior was perfect too but it was that stupid ass red leather garbage. Swapped the interior out to grey, including seats from an FC. Had the full driveline too, so I plonked a street ported 13B into it with a Holley 4 barrel carb setup.

It was pretty fast.

I did, however, find I enjoyed the FC a LOT more than the FB... The rear suspension on the FB was highly limiting, IMO.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Sounds about right. I'd KILL for an fd, but it's impossible to find one that isn't blisteringly diced out for under 10k all of a sudden :/

This was an opportunity puchase, $500 running except the battery

The interior here is red crap too,'and it's rotting out so it goes. If I can find a good set of another color I'll swap it, but like i said I may just leave it gutted and refin the inside, cause I have a feeling the motor will be with me way longer than the rest of the car

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts

Sounds about right. I'd KILL for an fd, but it's impossible to find one that isn't blisteringly diced out for under 10k all of a sudden :/

This was an opportunity puchase, $500 running except the battery

The interior here is red crap too,'and it's rotting out so it goes. If I can find a good set of another color I'll swap it, but like i said I may just leave it gutted and refin the inside, cause I have a feeling the motor will be with me way longer than the rest of the car
I was lucky with my find, I bought the car from a guy I was in the Navy with, it had sat in his garage for some 10 years or so.

Also, looking through my pics, I found this:

I honestly can't remember why I put them in the oven :lol:

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

What the fuck :lol:

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts

What the fuck :lol:
Rotards... never know wtf they're thinking :rofl:

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
My favorite junkyward haul buckets:

240z seats and they're usually pretty cheap. :yum:

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Define pretty cheap :lol: