Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright, apparently this is the only thread about this movie still :lol:

Just watched it, really dug it. I found it oddly inspiring, and it actually left me kind of liking Mark Zuckerberg, depending on how accurate it is to his true character. I found it particularly funny that the creator of Napster was played by a highly successful recording artist signed to a major label :lol: The music from Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross was, well, exactly what you'd expect. It worked really well in the film, but even though I'm a huge fan of both of them, I wasn't as blown away as some people have been. Might be because I was picking out the melodic themes that Trent seems to throw into everything he does, his little signature lines, could be that it sounded like leftovers from Year Zero and The Slip with bits of Requiem for a Dream thrown in (and Trent's friends with Clint Mansell, released some of his work on Nothing records, and invited him on stage with NIN a couple times). But, like I said, it worked, and fit the film perfectly, and ironically, sounded like the music I was listening to in the time period this takes place :lol:

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Although I kind of hate Facebook, I actually liked this movie (I saw it on the airplane from Detroit to Narita, which is not a very good environment to see a movie, though).

·
Canis lupis robertus
5,706 Posts
I thought this movie was brilliant. My pick for Oscar winner. (I've seen like 5 of the movies up for contention,. I think.)

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
So you've seen this but not The Big Lebowski? :rofl: You need to reevaluate your priorities :lol:
What? :lol:

I don't think so. While I loooved The Big Lebowski and it's kind of a cult film, "Social Network" is Oscar material and a notch superior in many aspects. Anyway, one's a comedy and the other a drama... I don't see how one is a priority against the other. :fawk:

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
I've been watching nothing but docs lately. This one is on my list

1 - 13 of 13 Posts