Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

SYSTEMATIC PRODUCTIONS - Official Website - Mixing Guide

Hell yes! :metal:

The Systematic Mixing guide is the e-Book to kick start your journey toward absolute mix professionalism within the pop, rock & metal genres. Practical and direct information, conveying professional techniques, is guaranteed to give you the sort of mixing insight that would traditionally take years to develop as a studio intern. These are the same techniques that have taken the author from being an industry newcomer, to one of the most highly sought after independent mix engineers in the country & abroad.

Highlights:

- 10 chapters of intense mixing insight, garnered through years of rigorous work and study.
- Distinct focus on band-based commercial music, with multiple crossovers and universal mixing tips.
- PRACTICAL examples and tips to get you moving from the get-go.
- Shared techniques used to effect across numerous professional productions.
- PDF, ePub & MOBI formats - ensuring compatibility with the latest electronic readers.
- Intuitive structure, connotated by topical graphics which highlight the reading experience.

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
WANT! Am too poor right now, but this sounds like just the thing I need. I need to know what not to do more, so I don't waste so much time butchering my mixes.

·
Serious Bedroom Guitarist
982 Posts
Hell yes! And epub format works like a charm on the iPhone apparently (that's where I'll be reading it).

·
Read Only
1,374 Posts
Yeah, I can't wait to pick this up. Too broke at the moment, but as soon as the new month hits, I plan on getting it. Looks to be invaluable!

Chris, how much did it cost to get it printed like that?

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Chris, how much did it cost to get it printed like that?
I printed it at work, and had it bound at Staples for 4 bucks. :yesway:

Chris, what's your take so far on the ebook? Are there a good amount of new insights?
I think it's awesome. I haven't had time to really dig into it, but there's a lot of stuff he's said before (poking holes in high gain guitars, in soviet russia) that he cleaned up, and a ton of new stuff.

A good bit of it (at a glance/flip) is more geared towards a "real" studio guy than someone like me who uses Superior Drummer and sequenced bass, but his overall mixing tips, and especially the parts about subtractive mixing on high gain guitars are absolutely spot-on.

There's something in it for everyone, and it's well worth the money. :yesway:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Cool! I'll buy a copy of it. I have that poking holes link bookmarked, but i need to dive into some more material. I read slipperman's book once, but this looks like it might have good practical use for hard rock stuff

1 - 14 of 14 Posts