Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received the first of the 4 and 1/2 on my day off Tuesday, and then the other 3 and a half today. The UPS guy was nice enough to test the durability of all 4 boxes by dropping them straight into concrete from his truck! I'm glad I wasn't here to witness it because I probably would have killed him.

Anyway, nothing was damaged! Everything is A OK and they all play and sound great. I am going to eventually change the pickups in all of them, the Schecter needs new tuners, and I think the Picket has 1Meg Ohm pots, and i'll be switching them for some 500K, because with the 1Meg ohm there is no volume swell, just basically on and off.

Finally, together for the first time....

Gibson Faded V

:scream: Sorry, no unwrapping due to me unwrapping and immediately having an extended jam session to break them in. You'll be happy to know that Mr. Peanut gave me a big visit, and my daughter proceeded to throw them all over the bedroom floor. :lol:

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Dethphone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

You have all the bases of WIN covered. Well done!

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Swamp ash Tele :drool:

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Zebrawood laminate? Pretty. :yesway:
Dude said the awesome grain was Alder, but I really think its swamp ash, and the Other body is alder.

stitch said:
FYI, the 1MΩ value isn't causing the on/offness. Sounds like someone gave you a linear taper pot when you need an audio taper pot. The correct taper 1MΩ will still work just fine and sound amazing!
I will keep that in mind when I replace the pots. :yesway:

I will take some outdoor pictures tomorrow, the ground is too wet from all the rain today.

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's 25 more pics, in better lighting. :yesway: I really love all of these guitars and can't wait to hear em with better pickups. The PRS SE actually came from a guy that inspects PRS SE for a living, needless to say it is setup Very well! Actually all of them are setup fairly well. The two Tele's need a little tweaks but nothing major at all. I really like that all 4 guitars sound very different, they've all got their own thing going on. The PRS is quite Les Paul sounding, but a bit snappier. When I start replacing pickups i'm going to throw the Gibson V's pickups in it to see if it sounds more like a Les Paul with Gibbo Pickups. Thinking about doing some videos, but all i've got is my Droid to record with so the audio may not be the best unless I record and then just overdub the video.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.