Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1,582 Posts
Actually just discovered Pagan's Mind last night while youtube surfing, what albums should I check out?
I love the first one "Infinity Divine" (on Facefront...with the original mix). It's more straighforward & 80's metal influenced (Structured like John Arch era Fates Warning, Crimson Glory, Lethal etc..).

...they got proggier from the second album onwards....but "Celestial Entrance" is an awesome album ..so is "Enigmatic Calling".

It's only the last one that I did'nt care for much....couple of good songs, but not my thing for the most part...

Nils is great on Eidolon's "The Parallel Otherworld" as well...their cover of MF's "The Oath" is unreal!!

·
Read Only
3 Posts
Actually just discovered Pagan's Mind last night while youtube surfing, what albums should I check out?
Eh. I think they're a very talented band who write songs that are not particularly interesting. The songs are well constructed but soul-less to me. Live they're fun to watch, but that's it for me.... YMMV

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The stuff I've heard so far I don't find as soul less as, say,Dream Theater :lol: But I haven't checked out a ton of stuff yet.

Nils is certainly entertaining to watch :winning:

·
Wanker (reprise)
362 Posts
The song in the video of the OP is imo an absolutely appallingly bad cover. :2cents: Not that the David Bowie original was actually that great in the first place :lol:

·
I miss you Avalanche
3,519 Posts
Eh. I think they're a very talented band who write songs that are not particularly interesting. The songs are well constructed but soul-less to me. Live they're fun to watch, but that's it for me.... YMMV
Totally :agreed: with Matt on this one. My brother loves them. I just can't get into them. Just... can't.

I'm not a fan of Dream Theatre past the first three discs either...
Metropolis PtII and Train of Thought had some good songs on them. But otherwise, totally :agreed: yet again

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
Enigmatic Calling is by far their best album, IMHO. It was the first one I got, and I ended up being disappointed by all the others. The first three songs on that album are essentially what Dream Theater *should* have been doing for the last 20 years. The rest of the album isn't quite at that same level, but it's a good listen.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I have to admit that I love the album with Osiris Eyes on it, because I grew up with it... but man... this music is pretty fucking gay sounding

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's a David Bowie song and these are the lyrics,

"Spaceboy, you're sleepy now
Your silhouette is so stationary
You're released but your custody calls
And I want to be free

Don't you want to be free
Do you like girls or boys
It's confusing these days

But Moondust will cover you
Cover you

This chaos is Killing me
So bye bye love
Yeah bye bye love
Bye bye love
Yeah bye bye love

This chaos is killing me
Hallo spaceboy
You're sleepy now
You're silhouette
So stationary
You're released but your custody calls
And I want to be free

Don't you want to be free
Do you like girls or boys
It's confusing these days

But Moondust will cover you
Cover you

And the chaos is killing me

Yeah bye bye love
So bye bye love
Yeah bye bye love
So bye bye love

This chaos is killing me
Moondust
will cover you
This chaos is killing me
Moondust
Will cover you

Yeah bye bye love
Moondust
Will cover you
Bye bye love
Moondust
Will cover you
Good time love
Moondust
Moondust
Will cover you
Sweet sweet love
Moondust
Moondust
Will cover you
Bye bye spaceboy
Moondust
Moondust
Will cover you
Bye bye love
Moondust
Moondust
Will cover you
Moondust will cover you
Moondust
Moondust will cover you
Moondust
Cover you
Moondust will cover you
Moondust
Cover you
Moondust will cover you
Moondust
Cover you
Moondust will cover you"

What were you expecting, a monument to male heterosexuality? :lol:

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
Well, I just mean in general. I hate to say it, but lets be honest, falsetto and high pitched singing... kinda gay
And also the only kind of singing that actually works in metal. Baritone vocals get lost in the mix.

Unless you mean those guys who sound like they're gargling bits of ground-up glass. I don't really consider that "singing."

1 - 16 of 16 Posts