Metal Guitarist Forums banner
41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Eh, so what. At least we'll know that it seems to be a pretty solid plugin!
It was a link to the Melda plugins: MeldaProduction Free audio plug-ins, effects, virtual instruments

I downloaded some stuff from this thread not that long ago but somehow missed those ones, so I figured it hadn't been posted yet, then I saw it a few posts back. They're solid though :yesway:

I also found these BetabugsAudio plugins, but haven't used them much yet: BetabugsAudio :::plug-in development turned inside out:::

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
No bother. A note: Anvils clean channel is surprisingly good on bass. NRR1 is a better metal amp sim. Its on a par with TSE, lepou and nick crow, imo. (Though the TSE stuff is my favourite out of those).

·
Prague Owlmighty
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Hopefully one of you guys can help me here...

So I've been looking for a good, solid compressor for a long ass time now. I would say nearly a year. Don't get me wrong, I have some nice ones, both paid and free, but they aren't really what I'm looking for.I keep finding plugins that are purely cold and digital, or try super hard to replicate old hardware and color the shit out of everything. What I'm looking for is something in the middle. Something that you could use subtley on vocals, but could also dominate drums. I guess I want to start by asking if anyone here has a compressor that they love to use? It could be whatever, I am open to all suggestions. Any one have any go-to comps?

Has anyone tried Voxengo's Deft Compressor? I'm thinking about demoing it, but I'm afraid it's just going to be another modelling compressor, and would be better used on a mix buss.

..or I could be putting way too much thought into this...

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
Stillwell major tom comes to mind. It also has a bit of a mind of its own, and the 'decisions' it makes arent often suitable, but its handy. Its colour-ish. Not major. Hehe.

Stillwells buss comp, bombadier, has options for clean through to heavily coloured. In that sense, its the closest thing I've found ITB to a distressor (though dont be misled by that, they dont sound alike, its just there arent many that can be both transparent and fugly).

Antress seventh sign is an 1176 sim thats actually really good. I've been putting it on vocals all over the place.

Soniformer is the single best plug you can buy. End of, case closed. It can also be a clean 1-band comp, and is great for it, but, dude, 32 band MBC/MBE (it expands as well). Its AWESOME, and awesomely powerfull.

·
Prague Owlmighty
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
O yea, I've demoed soniformer before, and it blew my nuts off! It's definitely one of the most amazing plugs out there, but I never thought to use it as a wide band comp. I'm going to have to try that out.

I was never really happy with Antress plugs...even tho I posted them on the first page :lol:. Maybe I'll give em another go. It has been a year or so since I've used them...

And actually, its cool that you mention Major Tom. I toyed around with that about a week ago, and it's fairly close to what I've been looking for. I'll play with it a bit more and see what happens.

Thanks for the suggestions! :yesway:

·
Registered
577 Posts
looking for some good reverbs here & effects for vocals (basic ones mainly).

Not sure wich ones are the best to download/buy.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Now that is some great stuff :metal:

Does anyone have something to check phase alignment? mainly for the use of dual micing a cab. (I remember someone posting a plugin here somewhere but i can't seem to find it anymore). :pissed:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, just pulled the trigger.:yesway:
Same here :yesway: It might not be worth the original $150 price with all the free amp sims out there, but for $30...hell yeah.

41 - 60 of 76 Posts