Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couldn't decide whether I wanted to let this go or the RG570. I think I'll stick with the plain old 570 for now.

Most of you know this guitar but for those that don't.

It's an alder Warmoth Soloist body that I finished myself. Not a pro finish by any means. It was just for me so I just did a "good enough" job. The clear on the top didn't get wet sanded 100% before I buffed it so it does have some rough spots. Sort of a green with a hint of blue burst around the edges. And it has some dings and scratches from use. Same as the back. The back and sides are just stained black with a thin matte clear over the black. The neck pickup is just some generic single I ganked from an old Yamaha I have laying around. It was white and I painted the cover black. The bridge pickup shown IS NOT INCLUDED. The Wolfetone stays with me. I have a Duncan something-or-other laying around that I'll slap in instead. Big arcade style momentary button for the boopity boppity's. The output jack is a bit cantankerous and may need replacing. Proline brand Floyd. Works superbly. Push/pull volume for pickup selection.

The neck is from a late 80s Ibanez 540S. It's that classic 80s stupidly thin neck profile. The back and head are stained black and oiled. The finish on the back is starting to wear and look cool. The heel is un-stained so you can still see the 540S stamp. A chunk was previously knocked out of the fretboard on the treble side between the nut and the first fret. Fixed with a chunk of rosewood. You can kind of see it in the pics. Frets are in good shape.

Does not have a case so I'll probably do a "Leon" and pop the neck off to ship it. :D I will include a fresh pack of strings, though.

$350 shipped to the US. Elsewhere will pay a little extra. Paypal is king. No trades.

Our operators are standing by...

Attachments

·
\m/ \m/
5,983 Posts
Really shit Donnie don't do it.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)yesway:)

How is this still here?

·
Jigsaw?
3,913 Posts
If I wasn't in the middle of a house renovation this would already be on it's way to my house. Favorite neck finish of all time.

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Feel free to toss me offers(no trades). Gonna put this on craigslist tomorrow. :yesway:

·
Jigsaw?
3,913 Posts
I'm doomed on this one. As badly as I wanted to increase my collection of genuine Donniecasters with patented Boopity Boppity technology I don't think I can get it by the lady of the house. She totally gave me the diva nope hand on this one. Way too much renovation money going out.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.