Metal Guitarist Forums banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Jumping back a page because Chris is spouting off fucking nonsense :lol:. Dude, Horizon was a very very good ACTION game, but Witcher 3 is the best RPG of all time. Completely different kinds of games and I don't know why you'd even compare them, except they're both open world on horseback. You have ZERO choice in how Horizon goes, but you have freedom to sculpt the story in W3 in hundreds of different ways.
I love how you guys get so salty about this game. :lol: I don't want to burn your strawman down but I brought up HDZ as an example of a game that makes W3 look and feel dated. The gameplay, controls and graphics of HZD are light years ahead of W3. They are both open world games where you are free to roam around and you fight things. The core mechanics of HZD absolutely destroy W3 and it's awful, clunky movement and combat.

Again, let me refresh the conversation for you so you can put the salt down:

me said:
I am playing a dated but still great looking flower picking simulator that happens to have swords.
naren said:
I don't know what Chris is talking about it "feeling dated."
me said:
A/B this game against Horizon Zero Dawn. The combat, the inventory system, the clunky movement - the game feels a generation old. HZD does everything this game does better. HZD feels smooth and responsive. This game does not. I feel like I spend half my play session diving through menus.
See how that conversation has fuck all nothing to do with wether or not the witcher is Kanye West's best RPG of all tiiime? :lol: Then:

vince said:
I don't know why you'd even compare them
Yes, I can't possibly imagine why I'd use an open world game where you ride around on horseback fighting things, looting things and crafting things as an example of a game that compares to another open world game where you ride around on horseback fighting things, looting things and crafting things. Pure madness!

I'm playing through it right now. I'm level 20-ish. It's a decent RPG with a cool story, absolutely. I wish I had played the first two, because the main plot of this game so far is to find a character I know nothing about other than from the hour long tutorial. It feels dated and the controls are a mess, which was my entire reason for the comparison vs. Horizon. And per a quick google, I'm not the only one that feels this way.

You guys are like the Trump cult with this game, it's hilarious. :lol:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
I should go play Witcher 3 simply because Chris could use an ally here, and because a flower-picking simulator with a ton of menus and also swords sounds pleasant and relaxing. :agreed:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Finished this. Confusing series until you figure out the timeline, some of the acting or FX is a little cringy/campy, but Geralt's character absolutely carries it and the finale was pretty excellent.

Also, I WOULD have played Witcher 3, but evidently it's not Mac-friendly, so clearly the control systems are trash and Chris is right. :agreed:

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
So I just finished watching this series and I really enjoyed it. I actually downloaded TW3 and started playing the game as well.

I'm also having a very hard time convincing myself not to dye my hair white... :lol:

I agree with 7DT, more than anything they need more Geralt because I don't really care about the other characters stories as much as his.
I know they are all important but alas, this is "The Witcher." Here's hoping Mark Hamill ends up getting the role for Geralt's Teacher.

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
So I just finished watching this series and I really enjoyed it. I actually downloaded TW3 and started playing the game as well.

I'm also having a very hard time convincing myself not to dye my hair white... :lol:

I agree with 7DT, more than anything they need more Geralt because I don't really care about the other characters stories as much as his.
I know they are all important but alas, this is "The Witcher." Here's hoping Mark Hamill ends up getting the role for Geralt's Teacher.
The Mark Hamil thing was a fun idea, but Kim Bodnia will play Vesemir in Season 2 (source). Also from the books I've read / am currently reading, the Witcher books follow Geralt, but he's the side story to Ciri. It's actually part of the charm of the story IMO. Witcher 3 nailed this too, especially in the second half of the game.

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
The Mark Hamil thing was a fun idea, but Kim Bodnia will play Vesemir in Season 2 (source).
He definitely looks the part. As much as I love Mark Hamill, I can't really imagine him pulling off Vesemir (appearance-wise or personality-wise).

61 - 67 of 67 Posts