Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thoughts? I just got back from a 2.5 wk vacation with no guitar, and while it was great, it'd have been greater with a guitar :lol:

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Yeah, I'd say either a Spirit GL (small boat oar model) or even a Traveler (Ultralight or Speedster) would all be suitable.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those are pretty fun!

The Steinberger Spirit is looking better, though, in terms of overall size.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Those are pretty fun!

The Steinberger Spirit is looking better, though, in terms of overall size.
I had one of the Spirit "oar" style guitars for a while. Chunky neck and sounded surprisingly good. Just have to watch out - the trem posts on the R-Trem aren't the greatest, and can start to lean forward after a while. I think there's a few companies that make steel replacements though.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't suppose there is a hardtail Steinberger?

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
The R-Trem can lock down and become a fixed bridge. Also, some of the more recent models (Synapse, maybe?) are hardtail IIRC.

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
99% sure there's also a Brett Garsed model that had a headstock and stop-tail/TOM combo, but it's rare as FUCK.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Also I hear good things about those Raines headless models, but they're a bit pricey.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
As Josh said, the R trem can lock down into fixed mode and this pretty damn solid. I'm assuming the main goal is on the cheap and can be bought on short notice, so that should be good enough but if you want something more permanent as far as fixed bridge goes, Jcustom makes drop-in replacement that's 100% fixed bridge, all day erry day and goes for <$200.

Oh, also check around for he Hohner headless. Nearly identical to the spirit and I think it mightve even come out of the same factory. Both go for the same price although Hohner name is less attractive so those came be found closer to $200.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
If you can't get one of the nice Steinbergers just get a bolt on and unbolt/rebolt, it's honestly going to be about the same size.

Get one of those sweet graphite necks so you don't even have to worry about readjusting stuff.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Nice! I really liked the way mine sounded. Very chunky and aggressive for such a little guitar.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'd been watching that particular one for a few days. I liked how you can run non-double-balled strings (aftermarket head-thingy?), and it had some upgraded (maybe? :lol:) pickups, as well as a hardcase included. It was just dropped 20% today, so I jumped!

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Killer deal! Hardcase is always a plus, although I've warmed up to the semi-hard/padded gigbag type thing for the sake of size and weight, but that's a matter of preference.

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Distressed Romeo has one of those. Nice guitar, gigantically thick neck though.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts