Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, well the title says it all, i have my horizon iii with the custom 5/jazz set. and i really like the set, although they seem pretty... dry? thats the best word i can use to describe it :lol: and i recently tried out my pals new hellraiser hybrid with the 57-7/66-7 combo and loved the pickups! loved them enough to think about swapping the custom 5/jazz set with the 6 string versions. what do you guys think?

do you think it made enough difference that the schecter was mahogany while the ltd is alder? anyone have any first hand experience with these pickups in a similar guitar?

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
definitely thinking im going to go with it. and damn i think it will look even better with the emg's than it did with the stock p'ups :yesway:

(not my pic)

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I really want to try the 7-string set of these actually. I keep hearing good things. I haven't really got anything that I'd want to put them in at the moment though, otherwise I'd do it.

I say go for it!

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
Go for it, worst case scenario you end up not liking them for that specific guitar.

·
Turd Furguson
1,847 Posts
Do it. The 57/66 set sounds great. EMG has really stepped up with the 57/66 set and the Het Set. I was never an active fan, but these two sets have probably become my favorite sets on the market. I prefer them both to any BKP I have tried and I have tried several.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts