Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So lately I've had obscene 5150/6505+ gas, and I figure I could probably find someone that'd trade for my Matrix 2u, I was just curious if anyone's ran the AxeFx through a 6505+, would I be able to run both modeling, and the 6505+ by using the axe in the loop, or would I just get the effects? Would the 6505+ color the axe's modeling, if so? I know, I should probably know this, being that I did spend a ridiculous amount of money on this rig :lol:

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Unless you have a switching system built which cuts the effects loop send in and out and routes the guitar input from the 6505 to the AXFX and vice versa, you can do one only. However the bigger question is why not just have both?

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unless you have a switching system built which cuts the effects loop send in and out and routes the guitar input from the 6505 to the AXFX and vice versa, you can do one only. However the bigger question is why not just have both?
Don't have a spare $600, would rather do a swap. Maybe I'll throw one on layway or something...

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
That would be ideal. I mean you could use the 6505 as a power amp by plugging the AFX straight into the effects loop return which defeats the preamp in the amp and you'll have a 120w power amp ready to rock then connect the AFX into the loop send and return, disable modelling and plug your guitar direct into the amp for effects and 6505 mania. However I find it HIGHLY unlikely you'd come across someone who would want to trade that piece of gear for yours. Maybe just try selling it outright?

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Wirelessly posted

Wait and save.

Or live on the 5150 sim

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That would be ideal. I mean you could use the 6505 as a power amp by plugging the AFX straight into the effects loop return which defeats the preamp in the amp and you'll have a 120w power amp ready to rock then connect the AFX into the loop send and return, disable modelling and plug your guitar direct into the amp for effects and 6505 mania. However I find it HIGHLY unlikely you'd come across someone who would want to trade that piece of gear for yours. Maybe just try selling it outright?
Aha. You never know! I Got the power amp on an unlikely trade, and have done more 'shot in the dark' trades in the past, but it's probably do me better to have both. I'll see what's on used.gc.com, put it on layaway and paint it red :yesway: thanks dude

1 - 9 of 9 Posts