Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was really impressed with Evertune when I first got it, but then I started to be all irritated because it intonated "too good" in comparison to other guitars and bass so I actually sold my Warmoth custom for a fraction of the cost to build it... I'm so fucking stupid!

Now I want an Evertune again, looking at the next years horizon of upcoming recordings: my plan is to record 7 albums, and doing that with regular bridges will kill me from all fucking tuning all the time. I could definitly do it if I had an Evertune but I dont know if I'm ready again :scratch:

Also I did think it was sounding a little worse than my Floyd Rose fitted guitars, a bit thinner and stuff... But it could have been the pickups or whatever, because I did record two albums with Evertune with pretty good sound...

Post me some encouraging videos with great sounds recorded with Evertune! Preferebly Kemper :ugh:

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Try getting a guitar with it built in, I've had two guitars retrofitted with them and one of them died tonally. Latest The Haunted and the last 3 Feared albums are recorded with Evertune equipped guitars.
Of course, good idea!! I'm quite sure Emil bought a used Evertune guitar from you some year ago or so ;) I could ask him to come over with it. Why didn't I think of that before :nuts: or was that the turd? :flex:

But if I remember right it's very long scale, and maybe wont suit well for standard E tuning.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Now I want an Evertune again, looking at the next years horizon of upcoming recordings: my plan is to record 7 albums, and doing that with regular bridges will kill me from all fucking tuning all the time. I could definitly do it if I had an Evertune but I dont know if I'm ready again :scratch:
Wait, you're looking at recording 7 albums in one year, and you think the time spent tuning is what's going to make or break this? :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wait, you're looking at recording 7 albums in one year, and you think the time spent tuning is what's going to make or break this? :lol:
Well, 3 or 4 of them are of the same band, so mixing wont be an issue for those, since I always record albums in a long row, not having to go back and fourth between different projects with just one song per each.

The biggest problem is to get everything done in time, since the songs and productions are increasingly complex, and I wanna avoid getting into a Wintersun - Time I scenario at all costs :rofl:

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
First video was done with his Evertune-loaded sig.

Wasn't there a brand that sells Evertune-loaded guitars for like $500?

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Yeah I don't understand your time constraint here. I think some brand offers them stock on a 6 (schecter?)

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I wouldn't buy the VGS guitars, seems like they are in the cheap territory, they might function, but I rather go with what I wanna have.
A new Warmoth strat seems the best solution, but I have to rout the Evertune hole myself. Shouldn't bee too hard

Why in God's name would one band need to record three or four albums in one year? :lol:
First a main album with the "flagship" material, then there's another with 7 songs that should have been a concept album together with a song or two that ended up on the main album just by being too good, then there's another with more songs that was supposed to be recorded and released a couple of years ago but I had to record two other albums instead, but now it's time. And then another one with old material that has never been recorded, together with a few fan favorites that will be updated with better production and performance.

And then I have several other bands and projects with other albums in the making. Ranging from very basic hardcore punkrock to bombastic quasi-symphonic power metal

·
Super Moderator
8,320 Posts
I wouldn't buy the VGS guitars, seems like they are in the cheap territory, they might function, but I rather go with what I wanna have.
A new Warmoth strat seems the best solution, but I have to rout the Evertune hole myself. Shouldn't bee too hard

First a main album with the "flagship" material, then there's another with 7 songs that should have been a concept album together with a song or two that ended up on the main album just by being too good, then there's another with more songs that was supposed to be recorded and released a couple of years ago but I had to record two other albums instead, but now it's time. And then another one with old material that has never been recorded, together with a few fan favorites that will be updated with better production and performance.

And then I have several other bands and projects with other albums in the making. Ranging from very basic hardcore punkrock to bombastic quasi-symphonic power metal
The answer should have been "because I can". Maybe followed by that flex smiley you would marry if you could.

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
Ken was showing me the ins and outs of his sig after we opened for them. Let me noodle around on it for a bit, I would have one in an instant if I played my 7s more.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts