Metal Guitarist Forums banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
Take the pots out and install the volume in the tone hole. Blank off the volume hole with electrical tape.
I use my tone pot, but thanks for the idea.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Dont know if a single 9V battery will fit inside the vey small S540 Control cavity.

I use the 24V mod on my MTM2. It uses two 12V batteries and together they are small than a single 9V one

https://www.etsy.com/listing/205768...search_query=guitar pickups&ref=sr_gallery_24

They are very cheap actually. 12-15 euros (same in dollars I assume) and the sellers even include the 2 12V batteries (I ordered from two different ones already in Europe)

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
That might actually fit. Thx!

Dont know if a single 9V battery will fit inside the vey small S540 Control cavity.

I use the 24V mod on my MTM2. It uses two 12V batteries and together they are small than a single 9V one

https://www.etsy.com/listing/205768...search_query=guitar pickups&ref=sr_gallery_24

They are very cheap actually. 12-15 euros (same in dollars I assume) and the sellers even include the 2 12V batteries (I ordered from two different ones already in Europe)

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
So I'm using the same pup in most of my guitars. A Duncan SH-14(Its a custom alnico V). I got tired of doing eq changes on my amp. Now since they all have the same voicing, I let the guitars themselves be the determining factor of flavor. Same pups, same settings, but they still have slightly different flavors.
This. This is the reason I'm heavily contemplating going all-EMG in my live guitars again. I use 3 guitars live because of different tunings, which get cycled about 4 times during a 2 hour set. I'm sick of having my amp dialled in for one of them, so the other two suck :lol: Then I have to twiddle between songs (sometimes DURING songs)... It's not just because of the different tunings, it's because they just sound so dam different. Massively different low-ends (the guitar in Eb standard has a much bigger low end than the one in B, for example!). I could just buy 3 of the same guitar but... I'd rather just bring some uniformity between them by throwing 81's in them all.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts