Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Dr. Mrs. The Monarch
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, after years of service I think my microcube might be on it's way out, and I'm considering getting something to replace it. I've not even been looking at what kinda practice amps are around these days, so no idea what's good or what's not, but last thing I was looking at was a Microcube RX but that was ages ago.

Any recommendations?

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Not the Yamaha THX that is often the recommendation. I'd go for a blackstar HT-5 or a Tech21 combo, if they still make them.

·
Dr. Mrs. The Monarch
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah nothing as powerful as the Blackstar HT-5, this is something for bedroom practice, loved the microcube for that. Girlfriend has the HT-5 and it's good, but not at all what I'm looking for.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Look who dropped by!

Any objections to a program and interface vs. a 1x8 combo?

·
Dr. Mrs. The Monarch
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I'm still about ;)

Eh, program and interface doesn't really suit me, I love having a small portable amp I can carry about with me, it's just such a convenience, you know?

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Yeah, I'm still about ;)

Eh, program and interface doesn't really suit me, I love having a small portable amp I can carry about with me, it's just such a convenience, you know?
To be fair, an ipad/laptop and interface is going to take up less space but yeah I know what you mean.

See if the Fender Mustang does anything for you, or the peavey VIP series.

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
Not the Yamaha THX that is often the recommendation. I'd go for a blackstar HT-5 or a Tech21 combo, if they still make them.
Dude, why do you say this? The one I played on was absolutely kick ass for a little practice amp. Having said that I would get a Roland Microcube...:lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts