Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have experience with these? a friend of mine really digs my ltd h-330fmnt and wants to trade for his schecter c-1 elite that he has for sale, i know i purchased my ltd refurbished for 199. and i see the price of the c-1 elites swings greatly, i see them on craigslist from 200-600 dollars.

my question to you, this seems like a good trade on my end, but what do you guys think? How does the quality of the c-1 compare to a lower end ltd? i have never owned a c-1. thanks guys. :)

edit: btw here is the link to his ad on craigslist so you can see pics of the guitar.

http://denver.craigslist.org/msg/4221569198.html

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Wirelessly posted

Ignore prices: do you like the way his guitar plays more? If yes trade if not dont.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i will play his guitar no doubt, but resale value is always a large part of a deal for me as i tend to have to sell/trade guitars quite often with my finicky financial situation :lol:

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Wirelessly posted

User Name said:
well i will play his guitar no doubt, but resale value is always a large part of a deal for me as i tend to have to sell/trade guitars quite often with my finicky financial situation :lol:
It sounds like you dont want or need a different guitar, you just want to make money.

So I suggest you keep your guitar and work on saving money. Everyone is too obsessed with "the deal of the century" to remember to actually play the damn guitar they just got.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i will not buy it if it plays like shit, but chances are it will play better than my ltd, i dont like the playability of the ltd.

Wirelessly posted

It sounds like you dont want or need a different guitar, you just want to make money.
lol wut :scratch:

i wont be making money off of any deal, of course if i can trade a guitar for a better guitar why would i not wish to do such a thing? :lol:

my question here is, is the c-1 better enough than my ltd to make this deal worth while?

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Wirelessly posted

The guitars are pretty similar. Have yours set up professionally before you A/B them. The C-1 will have a a slightly thicker neck I think.

What is it about the LTD you dont like?

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wirelessly posted

The guitars are pretty similar. Have yours set up professionally before you A/B them. The C-1 will have a a slightly thicker neck I think.

What is it about the LTD you dont like?
I did have my set up at the local shop, im sure to some it would play fine but to me the guitar just seems pretty cheap. the hardware is very cheap especially the tuners, the tuners are loose and dont hold tune very well, or i guess that could also be a problem with the nut. also the pickups in it suck and from my experience with my pickups the duncan designed pickups in the schecter actually kick minimal amounts of ass. i am not a fan of the cheap esp active pickups.

also at namm schecter is coming out wth the new c-1 classic line, that also kind of has me GASing for one of these. although no VOL on this model :(

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Wirelessly posted

Tighten the screws in the tuners and have the nut re-glued. But those would be things i would expect the shop to notice and fix. Or find some used tuners and put those on? My experience with duncan designed is that they do just fine :shrug: how old is your battery?

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wirelessly posted

Tighten the screws in the tuners and have the nut re-glued. But those would be things i would expect the shop to notice and fix. Or find some used tuners and put those on? My experience with duncan designed is that they do just fine :shrug: how old is your battery?
its not a case of rightening the screws, just the tuners are cheap and not very solid at all. if that makes any sense :lol:

the duncan designed pickups are not the problem, i actually quite like the duncan designed p'ups that would be in the c-1. i just dont like the esp actives, the battery is new because it just ran out a week or two ago, they just are not good pickups :lol:

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Wirelessly posted

The tuners shouldnt be that bad but hey. If buddy wants a straight trade and you like the c1 go nuts

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah he's heading over this evening to jam and hopefully we can make this deal. i know there is alot of c-1 love, and it has to be for a reason :lol:
and although it looks gaudy as fuk i do dig the style :wub:

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
My C1 Pro sounded fucking stupid good for the $300 I paid for it. And the JB/59 was really good with set set neck/mahog combo. Coil splits are a plus, as well. which specific model?

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Just keep in mind that you're trading one relatively inexpensive guitar for another relatively inexpensive guitar. There really isn't much of a difference in that price range, so if you're expecting to be blown away by the C1 you are going to be disappointed.

Though I see you've factored in the Engage Fliperoo Quotient, so I wish you the best of luck in shifting it a month from now. :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i think this is the model, although the one on the table has a sort of light orange quilted top as you can see in the ad.

Schecter Vault - C-1 ELITE (2001-2007)C-1 ELITE (2001-2007) - Schecter Guitar Research

the JB/59 was really good with set set neck/mahog combo.
yeah i had the same pickups in my tempest custom and they were FAR better than i could have expected.

Just keep in mind that you're trading one relatively inexpensive guitar for another relatively inexpensive guitar. There really isn't much of a difference in that price range, so if you're expecting to be blown away by the C1 you are going to be disappointed.

Though I see you've factored in the Engage Fliperoo Quotient, so I wish you the best of luck in shifting it a month from now. :lol:
understandable :lol:
i have realistic expectations :yesway:

i do tend to flip guitars quite a bit, its a habit i have formed, good or bad? its a matter of opinion i guess :lol: so far there are only a couple guitars that i have ever felt to be perfect for me and worth keeping long term.

·
Do you even Djent?
322 Posts
I feel like if you are wanting something different, you should go for it, if you even think about trading you should do it.

if you really like a guitar you know u want to keep it without a doubt and the thought of trading it is absurd.

Imo its a cool looking guitar not gaudy

1 - 20 of 27 Posts