Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking to brass saddles, tone block, and/or nut, what difference will they make, and which one will make the 'best' difference? I'm looking to get a little more chime.
I was also curious how I could do a JP style truss rod adjustment, as removing the pickguard/neck to do action is fucking stupid.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
What kind of a bridge are you running currently?

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Wait you have an EJ right?

Keep it as is for a "vintage" strat and then buy a socal with a floyd for a hot rod strat.

Or this:
1. Sell EJ
2. Buy different guitar
3. ???
4. Profit

:lol:

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wait you have an EJ right?

Keep it as is for a "vintage" strat and then buy a socal with a floyd for a hot rod strat.

Or this:
1. Sell EJ
2. Buy different guitar
3. ???
4. Profit

:lol:
Not selling or buying s guitar. Just really curious what upgrades make a difference audibly noticeable, and/or worth doing.
And it's just a 50's reissue with an EJ set afaik.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Thank you drew, and only drew :lol:
:lol: You could also consider having the body drilled out for stud inserts, if you wanted to go two-point - the VS100 is like my all-time favorite bridge ever. :lol:

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Fuck brass nuts. Replacing the bridge is a good plan as the Mexi strats have some pretty shitty stock ones. Some nice Japanese steel will give you more chime. As for the neck adjustment, you're kinda plumb out of luck unless you do some heavy mods.

Other than that there isn't too much more you can do to make it more awesomw except get a pickguard like Drews.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fuck brass nuts. Replacing the bridge is a good plan as the Mexi strats have some pretty shitty stock ones. Some nice Japanese steel will give you more chime. As for the neck adjustment, you're kinda plumb out of luck unless you do some heavy mods.

Other than that there isn't too much more you can do to make it more awesomw except get a pickguard like Drews.
I was thinking of just doing bridge, block, tuners, and string trees.
My tech suggested a rolling nut, yay, or nay?

:lol: You could also consider having the body drilled out for stud inserts, if you wanted to go two-point - the VS100 is like my all-time favorite bridge ever. :lol:
Meh. I've learned that if it doesn't retrofit, leave it. In my experience, anyways. Call it what you want. That hipshot one looks great... Hm... Oddly enough today my front left suspension feels loose so I may not have money for this after all :lol:

Sorry, forgot about you through the shawns and the JEM suggestions. :wub:

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Rolling nuts are alright if you're gonna use the trem considerably. Otherwise just replacing the shitty plastic nut with a Tusq will do fine. Rolling string trees are good, bigger block=bigger tone and the tuners aren't a bad idea to swap out. Get some Gotohs and you're laughing.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts