Metal Guitarist Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I saw somewhere you can modify the truss Rod to take an EBMM style wheel, anyone got a lead on that?

Also I'm upgrading because my Strat is gonna be my main guitar. Metal, whatever it may be. The EJ set will do ANYTHING if you can alter your pick attack.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
If the truss rod is a vintage-style single-action type, you should be able to keep turning the nut counter-clockwise until it comes off. You can probably then replace it with a spoke wheel nut from StewMac. You just have to make room between your neck heel and the neck pickup and make the appropriate cuts in the body and pickguard, or do an EBMM-style recess at the end of the fretboard and neck heel.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
If the truss rod is a vintage-style single-action type, you should be able to keep turning the nut counter-clockwise until it comes off. You can probably then replace it with a spoke wheel nut from StewMac. You just have to make room between your neck heel and the neck pickup and make the appropriate cuts in the body and pickguard, or do an EBMM-style recess at the end of the fretboard and neck heel.
Found the StewMac one yesterday after I posted! When my strings are dead, I'll do this. I'm gonna buy a tusq nut, string trees, and truss adjustment wheel to start; bridge/tuners are more expensive il do those down the line. Thanks Darren.
(You too, Matt)

·
Read Only
3 Posts
Get the warmoth neck, and you can have the side adjuster for intonation...no need to mod the one you have to accept the wheel

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I like this neck too much, and have sanded it to my liking, and it sounds absolutely phenomenal.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Oh keep yours. But i may get one like aarons tele as a secondary for goldie.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Generally they do, with some rare exceptions.

Starts thread asking about improvements, turns down all recommendations given. :lol:
I'm not gonna replace half of the core tone of my guitar if that isn't the issue :lol: I posted specifically about hardware.

Maybe I should grab a wenge neck...

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)yesway:)

Soxfan121292 said:
Generally they do, with some rare exceptions.

Starts thread asking about improvements, turns down all recommendations given. :lol:
I'm not gonna replace half of the core tone of my guitar if that isn't the issue :lol: I posted specifically about hardware.

Maybe I should grab a wenge neck...
LOL

21 - 34 of 34 Posts