Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Love that song and love that album. :agreed:

:agreed: It's a great song. It's a shame the rest of the album isn't as strong as that track. When I heard this, I thought I was going to really dig the album, but this was far and away the best song on it.
I disagree. I thought the album was amazing from start to finish and I thought that this was far and away the best song on it.

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts
:agreed:

"Stone" is fucking great, I was stoked when I first heard that one. The rest of the album didn't grab me as much though, but I really didn't give it much time when it came out.

Another killer track from the Last Action Hero soundtrack-

Always dug this one, though not as heavy or rockin', it's the last song Layne ever recorded with them.

·
Banned
357 Posts
That's really nice, I really like AIC. Weirdly enough, I've just got my strat back from the tech; one of the things he did was to replace the bridge humbucker with a Dimarzio Mo' Joe which seems to manage that huge fuzzy sound perfectly.

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
My work had a clip of this playing every few minutes in the entertainment section when the album was coming out, and damn if it wasn't stuck in my head for the rest of the day after hearing it.

·
Banned
13,827 Posts

·
Arrr, Matey!
1,798 Posts
The bass tone on Stone hits like a sledgehammer too. Always been a huge fan of these guys and I think the last two albums are great in their own ways. They aren't up to the same level as their older stuff but still are miles ahead of most of the crap created these days.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.