Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Meh, Troy annoys the fuck outta me.
He's talented and all, but he only has one style, and that is Tomas Haake.
If he were more like.... i dunno.. Lille Gruber or something, who not only is a ridiculously fast drummer, but also very good with polyrhythms, then I would find him more interesting.

Dont get me wrong, I love Meshuggah. the whole Nothing and ObZen albums both have over 200 play counts on my iTunes, and Chaosphere isn't far behind.

But Troy's just like... meh. Copied Haake and Koperwies to an inch of their lives.

·
18,790 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)sponge:)

sixeightgroove said:
If he were more like.... i dunno.. Lille Gruber or something, who not only is a ridiculously fast drummer, but also very good with polyrhythms, then I would find him more interesting.

Dont get me wrong, I love Meshuggah. the whole Nothing and ObZen albums both have over 200 play counts on my iTunes, and Chaosphere isn't far behind.

But Troy's just like... meh. Copied Haake and Koperwies to an inch of their lives.
You realize he's playing covers of their songs, and trying to be accurate to the originals right? And that he has other covers that aren't metal? One of which I posted? :lol:

·
Lord Super Awesome
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dude, it's covers of what the guy enjoys. By that nationale, we should burn all the Misha Mansoor & Jeff Loomis clones at the stake. :lol:
It's just metal....and well executed at that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.