Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"THE PRIMAL ROCK REBELLION!

Tuesday, Nov 23rd, 2010 10:36am

Mikee W. Goodman and Adrian Smith are playing together live in High Wycombe at the SU!

They are playing under the name The Primal Rock Rebellion. Their performance will be here in High Wycombe at Bucks Student Union on Saturday 15th January 2011. It's the first Alternator gig of the new year and its set to be a great show.and we're all looking forward to it!

The full line-up of musicians for this performance will be;

Mikee W. Goodman on Vocals (Sikth)
Adrian Smith on Guitar (Iron Maiden)
Dan Marshall on Guitar (Murder One)
James Leach on Bass (Sikth)
Dan Foord on Drums (Sikth)
James Manning on Keys and Backing Vocals (Vacant Stare)

Tickets are on sale now via We Got Tickets for a bargain £5! "

I don't particularly enjoy Sikth, but when I've listened to their stuff superficially in the past I've always thought that some parts could be cool in the right context

Adrian Smith has always been one of my favorite guitarists though (And I'm a huge maiden fanboy :metal:). Also worthwhile to note that this is not "Sikth with Adrian Smith", its supposed to be much more classic metal/hard rock orriented.

Pretty interested to see what it sounds like.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
I have much respect for SiKth but I loathe Mikee Goodman's vocals. Cross him out of there and there's mucho mucho potential for something unique, IMO.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
I read Adrian Smith, clicked on the video, and was met with bitter disappointment.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I read Adrian Smith, clicked on the video, and was met with bitter disappointment.
:lol: Did you read the text? Sikth isn't quite my bag either, but I think with AS the collaboration might produce something interesting.

The name "Primal Rock Rebellion" is a bit stupid. :lol:

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Unusual. Kinda cool to see James from Vacant Stare in there, I fucking loved that band and his voice :yesway:

·
RG 7 player of doom
690 Posts
I LOVE Sikth and Adrian Smith is a big influence on my playing, but just don't think this project will be all that exciting. No idea who this Dan Marshall guy is though.
Bit of a disappointment really, because Sikth was such an innovative and forward thinking band and now it's kinda gone back to a more 'roots' thing it seems.
Would be fairly cool if they somehow mix that classic sound with a very modern forward thinking edge though.

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,836 Posts
you guys seriously dont like that bland street bloom clip? that song is fucking awesome. i dont like the singing all that much, but it just owns.

·
RG 7 player of doom
690 Posts
Hell, I used to hate the screamed vocals in Sikth at first, but after about a month of listening to them, they seriously grew on me.

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
I can't imagine how anyone could not like Sikth... except for Noodles. He doesn't like anything except traditional metal from the 1970s and 80s. ;)

I LOVE Sikth and Adrian Smith is a big influence on my playing, but just don't think this project will be all that exciting. No idea who this Dan Marshall guy is though.
Bit of a disappointment really, because Sikth was such an innovative and forward thinking band and now it's kinda gone back to a more 'roots' thing it seems.
Would be fairly cool if they somehow mix that classic sound with a very modern forward thinking edge though.
I love Sikth. I know a lot of people hate the singing in Sikth, but I love the singing in Sikth way more than any of the singers Iron Maiden has had.

I actually prefer Sikth's cover of Wrathchild over Iron Maiden's original:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
I love Sikth. I know a lot of people hate the singing in Sikth, but I love the singing in Sikth way more than any of the singers Iron Maiden has had.

I actually prefer Sikth's cover of Wrathchild over Iron Maiden's original:
YouTube - SiKtH - wrathchild
Dude, what the hell is wrong with you? :lol:

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Thats like preferring a male to female transexual over an actual women :ugh:
No, it's more like preferring a woman who is trying to imitate another woman. Some people will prefer the original woman and some will prefer the younger woman's "take" on the original.

I've always liked the original Iron Maiden song, but I've always preferred Bruce as a singer over Paul. And I actually like Sikth's take on the song over the original. Nothing against the original, since I really like the original.

Again, taste. The reason why not all music sounds the same. :yesway:

In a similar vein (but with a different result), I vastly vastly prefer Opeth to Iron Maiden, but I prefer Iron Maiden's original version of Remember Tomorrow to Opeth's cover of it.

·
Thread Killer
2,196 Posts
I get the impression the new band is more of a fun project thing, I know that Adrians son loved Sikth and had them play at one of his birthday parties a few years back. I wouldn't think it's a serious thing, but props to Adrian for having some fun with some 'younger guys' (comparative)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts