Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taste Test: The Best Hot Sauces on Shine

Any "taste test" that ranks Frank's Red-Hot as #1 is completely absurd. Yes, it makes great buffalo wings, provided you fortify it with something a bit spicier. No, that doesn't mean it's a "hot sauce," much less a good tasting one. :noway:

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
I have a lot of problems with that list. For the Dave's Hurtin' Habanero to be in the best "Superhot" category is absurd. Yes, it's okay; I have a bottle open in my fridge right now but Blair's Mega Death Extreme, Possible Side Effects, and 100% Pain completely blow it away, and they're not even that rare or unheard of.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
100% Pain is tasty, but violent.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Taste Test - The Best Hot Sauces - Every Day with Rachael Ray

Well, there is your problem. What the hell does Rachel Ray know about hot sauce? I swear, she's like the Oprah of cooking shows: popular, yet less relevant than the masses of morons following her would suggest. Where's Emeril when you need him?

·
Read Only
10 Posts
That shit is awesome. Not super-spicy, which just means you can add tons of it to food. :D
Yup. Not the hottest, but it tastes awesome, is spicy enough to add some kick to just about anything, and goes great with a lot of different foods. I put it on everything from eggs to steak to (duh) mexican. :yesway:

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Droid Build/ESE81) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Has there ever been a "best of" list that has made lots of people nod in agreement ?

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,837 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Droid Build/ESE81) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Has there ever been a "best of" list that has made lots of people nod in agreement ?
I'm sure there hasnt been, but calling franks the best hot sauce is the equivilant of saying nirvana is the heavyist band in history.

·
18,790 Posts

While I don't think there's ever been an example of universal agreement, here's a "best of" list that seems to have a lot of fans ;)

List of saints - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm sure there hasnt been, but calling franks the best hot sauce is the equivilant of saying nirvana is the heavyist band in history.
Holy shit, I was about to make almost the exact same metaphor, though I was thinking "Smells Like Teen Spirit" winning the "Best Guitar Solo of All Time" contest. :lol:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts