Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Priceless!
funny to see how he started here and where he ended up.
He even does the customary 'cinderella guitar swing" at the end of the video:rofl:

·
I measure things
1,917 Posts
Glad you posted this. Forgot all about this "phase" in his career.

Remember getting his debut solo tape in the late 80's- thought it was great. Then I heard this and that killed my interest in his playing for a long time.

Got back into his music probably 3 years ago and bought all his solo cd's. Greg is one of my favorites. Howe II - not so much.

·
I think too much
1,881 Posts
This is my music here. I love this shit. The video, groove, all of it. Nice, slick solo. Fuck. Yes. :hbang:

You just have to remember it was a different time. It's not like they suck and it's some basement video from his first band ever. It's only a video from a different time that you may not have been old enough to experience.

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
That's Greg's brother on vocals.

Twenty years from now, today's bands will look just as dated. I don't think Howe II was all that great, but this is just a straight-up performance video. Other than all the acid wash, there's nothing particularly cringeworthy about it. I think it's cool that Howe tried to break out of the Shrapnel shredder box, even if it didn't quite work.

Do want that pink HM Strat.

·
Neil deGrasse Tyson is my HERO.
1,053 Posts
I'm not bagging on OP but I hate it how people think music is crap/embarassing if it's fun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts