Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please excuse the shitty noodling over the chords, I was just playing with this on my iPod touch 4.

The fact that I can sit here at my cube with an acoustic and work shit out on something that fits in a shirt pocket, and upload directly to Soundcloud from the device is pretty damned cool.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wirelessly posted (iDevice of Awesomeness: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Droid Build/FRG22D) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

******* said:
That is awesome. :yesway:

I miss my iPhone :(
It is really cool. Up to 8 tracks at 16/44, and you can unlock up to 24 for $10 more.

·
THUNDERBEEEEAR!
3,920 Posts
Wirelessly posted (iDevice of Awesomeness: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Droid Build/FRG22D) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

It is really cool. Up to 8 tracks at 16/44, and you can unlock up to 24 for $10 more.
link to app?

I'm using this with cubase, it's cool to be able to lean back, put your feet up and do things. :)

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wirelessly posted (iDevice of Awesomeness: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

eleven59 said:
Wow, that sounds shockingly good for being recorded on an iPhone :yesway: A singer-songwriter type could record a whole album that way and I'd buy it.
Yeah, it sounds pretty decent. It's an iPod touch 4 actually, but I am sure the iPhone sounds the same quality-wise.
Kim, I'll post the iTunes link tomorrow, but it's called Multitrack DAW by Harmonic Dog.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Wirelessly posted (iDevice of Awesomeness: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

MichaelHebo said:
That sounds good being a phone. Got to love smartphones ;)
It's even more useful on my iPad, where I have the bigger screen and the ability to use a USB mic or audio interface, yet still have something far lighter than a laptop.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here's the iTMS Link:

MultiTrack DAW for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

And here's the developer's website:

MultiTrack by Harmonicdog

I found that when I bought the iPad version, I automatically got the iPod touch version too, so I've got it on both devices, which is cool.

Also, with the iPad various USB mics and interfaces work when used with the dock camera connector. People have been using it with anything from a Snowball mic to an Allen and Heath USB mixer.

You can mix the track down to iTunes, upload directly to Soundcloud, or you can access the app via web interface and then download each track individually and remix and add effects on a computer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.