Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
SPEEEEED HOOOOLES!!!
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously. Fucking love this thing!

Me -> Wireless -> e530 -> 2x12

The clean tone is a little meh, and could afford to be a little sparklier for my tastes, but this is nothing but e530 and cab. Some comp, delay and chorus would make it sing for sure. The tone on the lead channel is awesome. Super tight even with VERY GENEROUS amounts of bass and gain. Articulation galore, not to mention the low/high mid fine tuning is awesome as well. Though, I tend to find myself cranking the low mid knob.

I don't think I could ever find a better practice amp setup for the $650 this rig cost (not including the wirless).

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
That would make for a slick little bedroom/practice rig.

·
swan dive
174 Posts
The problem with the Snax-Fx is that my credit card company won't give me a high enough limit to buy one. Feels bad, man.
Yeah, man. I feel ya. I had to sell pretty much my entire live rig I was using at the time in order to buy one, as well as grab a SS power amp on the cheap just to be able to use it, but it has been worth every penny and then some. The tube power amp has only made it even more awesome. Whenever you can afford it, go for it! :yesway:

·
SPEEEEED HOOOOLES!!!
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No power amp? Cool.
Yeah man. It has a built in 1.5 watt power section. It's so loud I can hear it at the end of the hallway outside my apartment. It's actually hilarious how loud it is, but it makes sense. To get double the volume, you need 10x the power. 15 watts would be 2x as loud as the e530, and 150 watts is twice as loud as 15 watts. Therefore the e530 has ~25% of the volume capabilities of a triple rectifier (not taking SS headroom into account). Scary thought, no?

1.5 WATTS!!!

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Yeah man. It has a built in 1.5 watt power section. It's so loud I can hear it at the end of the hallway outside my apartment. It's actually hilarious how loud it is, but it makes sense. To get double the volume, you need 10x the power. 15 watts would be 2x as loud as the e530, and 150 watts is twice as loud as 15 watts. Therefore the e530 has ~25% of the volume capabilities of a triple rectifier (not taking SS headroom into account). Scary thought, no?

1.5 WATTS!!!
Well, kind of, assuming amplifier efficiency, speaker impedance, speaker efficiency, and whatever all remain the same. :lol:

Regardless, you'll get plenty loud off of 1.5W. The main difference I notice with amps that have the same preamp section and power sections of differing power is in terms of headroom.

·
SPEEEEED HOOOOLES!!!
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, kind of :lol:

You're assuming efficiency, impedance, and whatever all remain the same. Regardless, you'll get plenty loud off of 1.5W. The main difference I notice with amps that have the same preamp section and power sections of differing power is in terms of headroom.
I'm gonna put my decibel meter on it tomorrow afternoon and see just how loud it actually gets. Then I'll compare it to my 120w Peavey XXX at band practice. By no means am I saying that a cranked 1.5w amp will sound anywhere near as good as a 100w amp set to the same loudness, but it should at least be an entertaining venture into "why the fuck do i have a 100w head anyways?".

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I often wonder why people have 100W amps :lol:

Headroom, really. Listen to the Allman Bros "Live at Fillmore East" if you can stomach it; one guitarist uses a 50w Marshall, the other uses a 100W, through identical cab setups with Les Pauls. One tone is significantly cleaner than the other.

My 30W Budda will, through an equivalent cab, do a good job keeping up with a 50-100w head; it just sounds like the power tubes are going to explode, while the other amp is much cleaner and tighter.

Oh, and Darren will vouch for the fact that boosting the everloving fuck out of a Blackstar HT-5 through a 4x12 with a powerful octave fuzz will literally shake the foundations of a house out to the driveway.

·
SPEEEEED HOOOOLES!!!
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
that thing sounds sweet. especially for a practice rig!

how far of a range can you get on that wireless setup outside of the rack?
The box says 200ft line of sight. I'm pretty sure I can get 100ft+ through a bunch of concrete walls and shit in my apartment building. The range suffers HARD without the antennae attached, though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts