Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Behold true believers! You all asked for it, and i heard your telepathic cries for guidance and wisdom on the subject of the ancient art of the pinch harmonic. Other wise known as artificial harmonics, pick squeals, or Fran Drescher, this technique is going to get your guitar squealing louder than Zakk Wylde's potbelly pig. I'm also going to talk about your Aunt Julie and why she's such a slut. So grab an axe, crank up the gain, and get learning with your ol Uncle Ben!
This is Why You Suck at Guitar lesson P90X: Your Pinch Harmonics Suck - YouTube

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:)

Yeah, I can pinch like a beast. How is this difficult for people? :lol:

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Wirelessly posted

They pick like a sissy-ass bitch?

Edit: it was actually daves posts on /s/ that made me pick heavier. I cant downpick fast but I think the ability to be heavy-handed makes up for it.

·
Marshall humper
3,575 Posts
I found this informing and entertaining. I've always sucked at pinches, mainly because I have minor fine motor control issues, also because I'm lazy and play play a lot of shit with them.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Killswitch engage have a little squeal contest occasionally between Adam and Joel .... Myself, I'm great at them if I really don't try to hard but if I really want one on a gig I'll prolly miss

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
I remember to this day EXACTLY when I learnt pinch harmonics. Discovering how to do them(this was before internet by the way) was like winning olympic gold metal.
Same here :agreed: And from that moment on, I put them in nearly every riff I wrote :lol:

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Learning how to do pinch harmonics is about the same thing as discovering your dick for the first time hahaha….. you just can't leave it alone there for a while. Or ever.

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
My problem is I do them accidentally all the time because I tend to choke up too much on the pick. :rofl:
ZW has the same issue.

funnily enough i cant actually pinch the way the vid demonstrates i just find it impossible. I actually pick and then immediately touch the string with my ring finger. I'm told it looks weird but it works for me!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts