Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
They actually came with 2 singlecoils in the bridge, instead of a humbucker. Looks to me like that one has had a pickup change.

·
Its Nis Pe, bitch!
605 Posts
I almost bought one of these a couple years ago. My buddy had one in pretty 'meh' condition that I was planning on modding up since it still had stock hardware (single-locking floyd and the single coils) but I didn't have enough dough to put into it to make it decently playable at the time. The price on that is definitely ridiculous though, I wouldn't pay over 250-300 for one in decent condition.

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
Huh. I thought they were the bottom of the Charvel line at the time.
They're 275-level, yeah - single locking trem, the zany slated double single coil, etc. Probably multi-piece bodies, almost certainly basswood. Still better than a lot of crap you can buy from that era, but will need some work.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
They're 275-level, yeah - single locking trem, the zany slated double single coil, etc. Probably multi-piece bodies, almost certainly basswood. Still better than a lot of crap you can buy from that era, but will need some work.

Manowar - Dark Avenger - YouTube
Yeah, I wouldn't really be interested in anything less than XL series of the Professional line for a serious guitar, but given how hard some people rave about other somewhat mediocre 80s shred guitars (*cough* Ibanez) you could definitely do worse than one of the lower end MIJ late 80s/early 90s Charvel/Jacksons. Especially for a beater.

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
Yeah, I wouldn't really be interested in anything less than XL series of the Professional line for a serious guitar,
I dunno, man. My 375's build quality and hardware were on par with my USA Dinky's. Those are seriously under-rated guitars if you like basswood, and were generally MUCH better than the Pro series Dinkies that came later.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts