Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Isn't from my new Moto Xoom :eek:

But I got one today :lol: It's quite badass, really enjoying it. Already rooted it, been using it all night(picked it up around 4), it's just really all around great. The new OS is fantastic, a quantum leap over Android 2.X. The only bugs it really has are with apps that just aren't compatible with the new hardware or OS, otherwise it's been a blast. Scored 2166 on my first run of Quadrant as well, the thing smokes. My Droid is now going to be relegated to an iPod type status :rofl:

The Verizon guy gave me quite the deal. He hooked me up with a dumb phone for if I need to make calls(only 9.99 for that line, I've got a family plan), I'm on the 3gb data plan for $35/month. He also gave me a $100 credit, offset the cost of the dock and the early upgrade fee and activation fee. Got it on a 2 year contract, spent less than the 599 it was supposed to be and it will now take over as my main wireless device :agreed:

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Off angle shot, the viewing angles on this screen are pretty awesome. That's also below 50% brightness.

·
Dook dook dook
2,434 Posts
The Xoom looks awesome, i'd love to mess with one for a while, though I have zero need for one. I already have an android device so i'm set. Glad to see you like it :yesway:

Personally, i'd LOVE to have that hardware on a 7" screen. If I got a tablet, 7" would be the exact size i'd want and need. I know i'm the odd one out on that one :lol:

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Xoom looks awesome, i'd love to mess with one for a while, though I have zero need for one. I already have an android device so i'm set. Glad to see you like it :yesway:

Personally, i'd LOVE to have that hardware on a 7" screen. If I got a tablet, 7" would be the exact size i'd want and need. I know i'm the odd one out on that one :lol:
Have you used a 7" tablet yet? I find them useless, they really do feel like big phones. The Galaxy Tab also looks absolutely tiny compared to the Xoom :rofl:

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Xoom... How do you pronounce that? :lol:
zoo...shut up

Is it bad that I was typing to a friend earlier, helping him root his newly purchased Xoom and I almost typed xip instead of zip? :rofl:

·
Dook dook dook
2,434 Posts
Have you used a 7" tablet yet? I find them useless, they really do feel like big phones. The Galaxy Tab also looks absolutely tiny compared to the Xoom :rofl:
Yes I have, and I love it. But keep in mind I think 3.7" Is PERFECT for a smartphone and I hate these 4"+ screens that are coming out on all these phones I want. :(

I've played with a Galaxy Tab for a while, and I enjoy the "fits in the palm" size. I thought it was the perfect size. If i'm going to get a portable device with a 10" screen, i'm going to get a Netbook. 10" Tablets are WAY too pricey right now, and I can do a LOT more/get more use out of a Netbook.

But that's just me.
As I said, i'm the odd one out on this.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts