Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Canis lupis robertus
5,706 Posts
He owns on the Charred Walls of the Damned disc. :hbang:

Love the guy. Just... Priest without Rob just isn't Priest, ya know? Should be called Prudas Jiest or something.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Respectfully disagree. Ripper certainly isn't Rob, but he still tears it up on his own laurels.
Jugulator is actually a really solid CD. And yeah I'm a huge Rob Halford Fan (tangent: New Halford up on metal injection), but Ripper does *ahem* Rip.

He's awesome on Perpetual Flame as well

·
Canis lupis robertus
5,706 Posts
I never really dug Ripper on the Yng's stuff. :shrug:

I think he's an awesome singer, though. Just something about Yngwie's music doesn't really lend itself to the vocals he's had, generally speaking.

I think of Yng, I think of shit like this. (I love Yngwie, FTR.)

·
Banned
1,582 Posts
When I first heard about him singing for Yngwie I did'nt think it would work...but, Perpetual Flame is the best Ynwie disc since Alchemy & Ripper just tears it up...amazing.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Ripper has the notoriety to be a good singer on a ton of bad albums where he's not at fault for the material.

However, Jugulator is one of the better discs he was on, along with the Charred Walls stuff and Beyond Fear. He's great when he isn't replacing someone legendary.

·
The Singlecut King of Northern VA
2,299 Posts
Since this has turned into a yngwie thread, I personaly always loved the trilogy album, I also loves Jeff Scott soto, but Mark Boals on this album I just liked a little more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts