Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Seriously, i always hated 3 Inches Of Blood, until i heard that song - it made me buy the record instantly (because i was in the mood for cheese :lol: ). I then finaly realized they dont have that second singer/metalcore-screamer (who REALLY ruined it for me previously)....its still cheese, but hey - i also like Steel Panther, so cheesy Heavy Metal is what i'm all about! :lol:

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
I liked Advance And Vanquish, but i haven't heard anything since. Now that they got rid of that shitty hardcore singer who always attempted to ruin the songs, I definitely want to hear more of the new disc.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I have a soft spot for them, I really liked Advance and Vanquish and I liked some of the follow up too. It's just some good metal songs filled with super cheesy lyrics and decent music. I hadn't heard about them getting rid of the other singer though, listening to that track it's no great loss.

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
I loved Advance and Vanquish...... when we played with them, which was right before the follow up album came out his voice was completely shot. He hit the notes but sounded Horrible. All of them were really cool guys accept the "power metal" singer. We also discovered the reason his voice was so shot, his warmup consists of whiskey and a pack of cigarettes. :facepalm:

·
Super Moderator
4,876 Posts
the funny thing about 3 inches of blood is that there are no founding members left. These guys are initially from victoria bc and eventually moved to vancouver. the singer wasn't in the band at first, they added him later and everyone else has since left the band and been replaced. i'll see if can dig up some really old 3iob. Looks like all the old stuff has been removed.

they used to be straight up iron maiden worship and it was fun. I'm not really into what they turned into over time but i can see why people like it.

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, i bought that 7" of them around 2000 or something - but didnt like it back then. I sold it not much later, but i'd be interested to hear it again.

·
Dook dook dook
2,434 Posts
I feel bad for their old singer (the screamer.) He was forced to quit due to throat problems he never recovered from. That sucks for him :\

Do I miss his vocals? Not really - there are better screamers out there. I do kinda miss the dynamic though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.